In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Bulletin

[Contests] [Declared] #MorePowerToYou: We want to feature you, tell us your inspiring ‘Do More’ in life stories

2018-12-15 07:32:51
105173 82

Winner Announcement
Based on the voting poll, here is the winner:

Winning Story - Furqaan

Congratulations! We will soon contact you regarding the prize and the other details in working 15 days! We would like to thank each and every participant who participated in the contest!

----------
Mi fans!
The desire to do more in life is exciting! A break from your hectic daily schedule either to fulfill your passion or to serve the society or to make a significant change, takes a lot but surely it does leave you to feel more fulfilled.

Have you helped society with your innovation and ideas?
Have you gone a mile extra to fulfill your passion?

If you are the one who is chasing the life to do more, to mark a change, we want to hear from you! Tell us your inspiring story and you could be the one getting featured in our upcoming video.

How to participate?
Share your inspiring story below in the comments with details and let us know how you broke your daily schedule and have accomplished more.

Winner Selection
  • We will pick the top 5 best inspiring stories
  • Top 5 stories will go for voting by Mi Fans
  • Top story, one who will get the most votes by mi fans, will be the winner

Prizes
  • Top story to win will get the Mi Band 3 and a chance to get featured in our video

Contest deadline
  • From Today onwards to 25th Dec, 11:59 PM (IST)

Terms and conditions
  • You can be as creative as you get with your story, feel free to take the aid of creative media to make it stand out.
  • Your story needs to be really innovative and inspiring.
  • Any logged in user can participate in this contest.
  • Each user can reply 1 time (you can edit your story until the deadline though).
  • Replies after the timeline will not be counted as valid participation.
  • Short answers will not be considered a short story, so please make it at least 500 or more words.
  • In case of any voting discrepancy found, admin reserves all rights to take the call on final winner story.
  • Mi Community holds all the rights to make any changes to this contest, without a prior notice, at any given time.

#MorePowerToYou

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-12-15 07:32:51
Favorites97 RateRate

Apiyush265 | from Redmi Note 4

It was year 2016 when I was in Standard 12. I am of a commerce background and as every ISC student even I had to struggle and study hard to get marks and get into the top colleges of India and to achieve my father’s dream of completing CA. I wasn’t able to follow the regular daily schedule like others of waking up early and studying then school and then again coaching therefore fate had arranged something else more exciting for me.
Year 2016 had been amazing because I had got the opportunity to do something more in life rather than the normal schooling things, I was able to explore the society and share happiness and spread love.
In the beginning of the year I gave my nomination and was elected as the Vice-President of my school senate and had all the responsibility of arranging events and programs of the school and making representation in other school events by preparing a team. This taught me leadership and management skills and gave us a fair-play spirit.
I also used to run an NGO named KSHITIJ which I had formed with the help of my seniors, through which we used to teach the students of Liliput School, (which run on donations) and we also provided them with free books. Also being a part of Rotary club (NGO) member, I kept myself engaged in many social campaigns such as paper drive, road safety etc.  The main reason which forced me into such services was due to the very delicate heart which I have.
Education is an essential for all and imparting our knowledge and spending a few hours for a noble cause isn’t a tough task.

Apart from all these responsibilities and initiatives, I still didn’t ignore the duties I had as a student towards my studies. I completed my entire syllabus and was able to secure a decent percentage. I didn’t think only about myself because I couldn't run from the responsibility of a son and a brother.
I had keen interest towards Swimming and I was able to make a place in ASISC State team with lots of efforts and finally winning a total of gold and silver in the district level and getting a chance for the Nationals.

All the events so long during the year gave me amazing memories and all new experiences. I was able to take a mile extra to fulfill my thirst of exploring new activities. The internal motivation and self-confidence kept me in high spirits due to which I was able to take up all the various challenges throughout the year. Managing all these events made me realize sometimes, Even 24 hours was not enough for a person, if he is dedication towards work and aspiring for self-development. Not only this one major thing that I was lucky to get was the support of my parents!
So it’s not just about doing your normal daily work and to fulfill the dreams of your mind. Listen up to your heart too and take a break or manage time from your life and do work which actually and really satisfies you, so that you get a sleep better than ever experienced.
With one last line I would like to quote:
“Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen”
2018-12-15 08:14:56
This is a story of a guy who turned out to be an entrepreneur. Yes, you heard it right! Let's start with a quick flashback on how things changed in my life and I being a normal guy probably a couple of years ago turned out to be an Entrepreneur of today!  

It was August 2015 that I joined a local NGO where I used to spend time with slum kids teaching them about health and hygiene followed by some activities. Managing my college life as well as taking out time for those slum kids was no less than a cumbersome task for me but I didn't stop! I used to love it and enjoy it because you are not here merely to make a living. You are here so as to empower the world to live more plentifully, with more noteworthy vision, with a better soul of expectation and accomplishment. You are here to enhance the world, and you devastate yourself on the off chance that you overlook the errand. Do you even wanna take a glimpse then check out some pictures below!

"Part of being a person is about helping others."
Spending time with these small toddlers was no less than fun. Understanding and knowing them and then making them friends was the biggest hurdle for me. But yeah, my love for kids attracted the kids towards me and that's how they became my friends and started playing and spending time with them. Sometimes I even went to the places where they used to live and talk to their parents and realized how fortunate today we are to have this life. There are people who still don't get food on time, there are people who don't get proper treatment most of the times. It's a very sad moment to see them in pain but however, their struggles are far more than what we believe we are going through.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.”
BTW, this is just 25% of the story (Picture Abhi bakhi hai, mere dost). With this stuff, I was even managing Mi Community since I was a moderator of Mi Community, being a moderator of Mi Community I learned so many things. Be it content writing or managing a big team. I made myself capable enough to be the best Moderator of Mi Community. That's not all, I am also a President of Mi FC Vadodara where I conducted so many fans meets probably more than 20 here in Vadodara. Take a look at some of the fan meet moments.

If you look closely into my life, I am actually multitasker. Managing time for 4 different lives i.e. 1. Volunteering for NGO, 2. Mi Community Moderator, 3. Mi FC Vadodara President and 4. College life was really tough however it wasn't really impossible to tackle this hurdles. Today, whatever I am, I am on my own. I struggled a lot, there were many obstacles that came in between to stop me from doing this but I didn't take a single pause. I was going on and going and that's how today I became an entrepreneur and initiated my own startup, something that all the youngsters dream for these days!

And all through my journey there was one support that made me stand still in front of all the biggest problems. That was the support of my parents who were there for me whenever I needed. Whenever I was stuck in between something, it was my father who motivated me to do best out of me. And that's how a normal guy's life changed into an amazing one. I am still living multiple lives and I would probably continue doing it because that's what helps you understand other, gives strength to face all kinds of problems and take a broader look into someone else's perspective.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
Today I have my own startup (Ascendtis) where I implement whatever I have learned from all of my 4 lives and they are actually helping me and my company grow and I am pretty sure that this will help me reach heights

You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.
I hope I haven't bored you at all. But this is how my life changed being a multitasker of 4 different lives wasn't easy but wasn't even impossible so I would strongly recommend everyone out there to go for something out of the box because that's where you will learn new things and grow yourself because every great dream begins with a dreamer.

Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. That's all about an inspirational story about me. And I would like to thanks everyone who was part of all 4 lives of mine, who supported me, motivated me and stood by my side whenever needed!!

Signing off
Furqaan!
2018-12-15 08:21:09
First I am a teacher rather than a software developer.
Sometimes peoples teasing me, what are you doing man?. For those people only one answer, "you do your job I am doing mine".

In India, when you are try something different from the general public then that path not easy for you. Peoples mentality is that you are mad, the same thing happened to me but that fear gave more strength to me. I was much passionate about studying math and solving tricky logic. In 2010 I have started my Engineering and also taught to the school students and underprivileged kids. While going to college from 9 to 5 and from 6 to 8 tuition classes. At that time I learnt the importance of "Education" because people were ignoring me just because I am from Hindi medium and not good in English as compared to others. In 2014 I have completed my Engineering then entered into the real world of struggling where daily I have learnt a lot from every single human being and implemented that lesson currently in my professional life. Today I am also following the same thing from 9 to 5 my office and in the evening 1 hour teach free online classes.

This journey is not complete without mentioning the name xiaomi India. Xiaomi India provided a platform that helped me every time to learn extraordinary things.  I am working in lots of teams and learning an ample amount of stuff.

I feel happy to solve students problem, even sometimes I feel I am a good teacher as compared to developer ;).

"Education Change My Life"

2018-12-15 08:36:09
ALWAYS BELIEVE SOMETHING WONDERFUL HAPPENING..
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #4
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5
Starting from Year 2016, let me tell you my story of being a student and many more roles which I played during my journey till date.

As you've seen in some of the above stories, I too started my extraordinary life by being an active member for an NGO. I still remember the day we all visited a remote area "Alirajpur" situated on the state borders of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. There I felt the real value of life seeing kids smaller than me(in age) used to swim on a ply board using their footwear to paddle. They lived alone on the hill without parents and so called technology.

Now, as I passed 10th grade, unfortunately I had to go with Diploma in Information Technology. There in college I started being the part of Entrepreneurship Development Cell and actively participated in hackathons.

The day I was selected as Mi Community Moderator isn't forgettable while writing my story of life. Apart from being a student and a NGO member I was now a Mi Community Moderator. Later I got responsibility for one more section.

As I'm student I've been actively coordinating with the E-Cell and Training & Placement Cell of my college. Irony is that I'm active in both of them :p

Apart from that I'm planning to work with  start-up not one or two but more than that like vadweb.in and my personal blog manvesh.com :)

More yet to come!
2018-12-15 08:55:35
Amazing contest. Will update my story shortly!
2018-12-15 09:07:01

Hari Sankar G | from Redmi Note 4

Will update later
2018-12-15 10:19:22

Tech - Moderator
Mi FC Trivandrum - President

Avinash Gupta :D | from app

Want to hear my story? Well it's more kinda funny yet interesting So can you just scroll down below
Hi, My Name is Avinash Gupta currently working as an Application developer in an IT company ( Yes this was my dream Job as I wanted to be a developer ) who is also very passionate about Xiaomi and have some great hobbies like dancing, singing, painting & acting. ( Did you saw the dancers on Common Wealth Games 2010 Ceremony which was held in Delhi? Well I was there ). So the story and journey of my life start with my school when I was in 7th standard...

We were having French as a Language subject and one day in school one lady singer came to our class and said that there's going to be an audition for French Music Choir, I was very excited as I wanted to take part in it and finally end up getting selected for the same. ( Never thought that I could sing that well hehe ). We used to go to French alliance in Delhi named "Alliance Française de Delhi" for our practice and I still can't believe that I sang with the French choir ( English toh dhang se aati nahi thi us time aur French me gana ga lia ), on the event day my Mom, Dad and my brother came to join that event and I was very happy to see them happy for me. ( In short, they too were surprised that I could sing Lol ).

Ummm... My singing journey didn't stop here, when I was in 9th class again I got to know that some French Musicians have visited our school and looking for 4-5 students only from entire school, so now I was a bit confident this time for my singing and I went for the audition and Voila! Again I got selected and this time I was really surprised because I was one in the top 4 from my school. Then we were having our practice and training, and I still remember that I used to come home till 1 AM night. So this time there was a big event which took place in "Talkatora Indoor Stadium Delhi" and I was very happy because this time along with my parents, our school principal, VC's came to see our performance. Wew, what a day! Next day at our school our principal called me on stage in an assembly and awarded me with the cash price & certificates.

Now let's come to the dancing part
I was very ambitious for dancing too ( Although zada kuch nahi ata tha ) and I wanted to learn dancing. One day again in our school we were asked to give audition for dancing, so I went there with my friends and got selected at the first time itself. Then there were so many elimination rounds but I survived till last and got selected as the final team. We used to go "Delhi cantt Army Training ground" where we practice and our Guru was Master Marzi ( Dance India Dance Judge) along with Indian choreographer "Shiamak Davar Sir". Those days were the best days of my life where I used to be with them, talk with them & dance with them. Then the commonwealth games 2010 starts in Delhi and we were performing in the closing ceremony at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Delhi along with Kailash Kher, Taufiq Qureshi, Sukhwinder Singh, Shiamak Davar, Shubha Mudgal, Shankar Mahadevan, Ila Arun, Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Usha Uthup and Sreeram. That was the best and unforgettable night of my life.

After school, I was having a keen interest in coding and development so I did my graduation in B.Tech CSE and got placed in an IT company as an Application Developer. All this journey and achievements would not be possible without the help and guidance of my parents who helped and supported me for everything I did.
Now, along with my regular 9-6 job, I am also a part of Xiaomi.
When I saw the Mi Community for the first time, I talked with myself and said that "I also want to be a part of this big team (specially Moderator)" and started my journey here by getting selected as Resource team member and finally becoming Moderator. I am so much passionate about Xiaomi that I wanted to attend every single meet, event so that I could meet the whole team and have a further conversation because I like to be with the team and work with the team.
I am also a youtuber and have my own channel ( Easyways ), where I post videos about rooting/flashing, unboxing/review etc. Along with my youtube channel, I also run a Website ( Smart gadgets) where I post about the latest news and gadgets ( older website, I am working on a new one ).

So this was my story and the things which I achieved while I was going to school and studying. And now also am doing a lot of another work side by side with my professional job. So I just wanted to say that
"If you are ambitious and passionate about something then keep on trying and I can assure you that One day you will achieve your goal"

Thanks for reading
Avinash :)

2018-12-15 10:35:30
One day in office, a colleague was discussing about sending videos from his Windows phone. Where he was having 20+ MP camera. He loves to take videos, but sharing was a pain as the videos size was always higher. He have searched for apps, but the app which does this job needs money even though you pay and get it. Since I am a developer on similar platform, I got an idea to develop similar app. I have done some analysis, and made the app in a month or so.  

will be updated soon.
2018-12-15 10:54:34