Feature-Review (Designed by R0user).png (455.72 KB, Downloads: 21)
2017-03-26 23:57:29 Upload
Hello, Mi Fans!
Your wait regarding the privacy of notifications is finally over now. No more prying eyes over the snippets of your private conversations from messaging apps hovering over lockscren or in notification shade. MIUI Developer ROM 7.3.23 introduced a feature called "Private Notifications - Hide Notification Content" for the locked apps, which wasn't possible previously and the only way left for you was to completely stop the notification in such scenarios, now notification will be there just without the content and stated as "hidden". With this feature you will be able to control the locked apps in a better way as this is why you locked them in a first place, right? In case you didn't update then fire up your updater app for OTA or get the full ROM links for 7.3.23 here.
Where is the setting of this feature located?
- It is located under the settings - app lock - settings (top right) - hide content, also accessible from security app.
- In order to control the app's notification you must first turn on the app lock feature first for it, located at the settings - applock. Let's lock the app, notification content of which you want to hide
- Now that we have selected and locked our apps we can turn on the feature by going into settings (top right icon) - turn on "hide content" & we are done.
- As you would notice as the notifications will come along for locked app, content will be shown as "hidden" over both the place at notification shade & over lockscreen (if you have enabled).
That's it, you are done! Enjoy your privacy. If you have any query, suggestion or feedback regarding this feature let us know in comments, or headover to MIUI Feedback or MIUI Q&A section.
What about the apps which are not locked?
- Currently there's no way so in order to achieve that you should lock the app, which makes more sense too.
Is it possible to separetely choose which app's content to hide?
- No currently it's not possible, enabling this feature will hide all locked apps' notifications.
Along with this, how can I stop my display turning on everytime when notification arrives?
- MIUI 8 has already that feature located at settings - lockscreen & password - wake lock screen for notifications
How do I enable lockscreen notification for app?
- You can achieve that from settings - notifications & status bar - app notification - your desired app - enable lockscreen notifications
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .