In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 3

[Discussion] RIP - Redmi Note 3

2018-12-20 10:26:03
10667 112
Redmi note 3 users have really bad news

This thread I'm making is to inform "Redmi note 3" users that xiaomi is going to stop software updates for Redmi note 3 after the stable release of MIUI 10 (Version 10.2). Every MI users know that the MIUI is the rom which is affected with a lot of bugs compared to other roms (I'm not blaming the devs for this they know they can only do limited things) The reason that xiaomi is given for this,

The device is nearly 3 years older (Then why Xiaomi is building a smartphone for a long time use, they can build a device that only lasts for less than 3 years, so that the updates is not necessary after 3 years).

As an honest MI fan, I need to send a message to xiaomi that most of the customers in India are buying a smartphone for long-term use, not for short-term use and xiaomi India has given such devices on basis of price and quality but they are lacking with Android updates and the almost same specifications with least changes which surely affects their market in recent times as their newest note version Redmi note 6 Pro which is in an open within weeks of launch that is the rarest scenario in xiaomi India's history.

This is not only for Redmi note 3 users it is also for MI 5 users also as they are stopping the software update for both of the devices. This is like a message for other xiaomi users especially for Note series users because you will be the next to lose the software updates soon, so if you are going to buy a xiaomi device you only chose in case of price and some features, not in the base of updates because you guys will be sacked soon.

And I'm done with xiaomi devices I'm now switching to other smartphone brands as always No.1 smartphone brands always sacks customers for their own profit like Samsung previously done and presently xiaomi is doing!!!

If anyone needs to buy a smartphone on the basis of budget level and compromising android updates you can buy a xiaomi smartphone otherwise you should look for other brands, there are many giving regular android update with much less bugs under budget price...

If you agree with what I'm saying in this thread pls do reply!!!

Source
2018-12-20 10:26:03
Favorites30 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

AshCa | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

ooh the  what should be done?
2018-12-20 11:11:12

Advanced Bunny

Afaq ahmad | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

socking news.....
2018-12-20 11:20:31

Advanced Bunny

5158861695 krr | from Redmi Note 4

You are right bro .
2018-12-20 11:23:11

Semi Pro Bunny

Mohamed Fahim | from Redmi 3S

very very sad news...
Socking news..

2018-12-20 11:33:16
Top phone
2018-12-20 11:46:47

Pro Bunny

Amal Saji Kumar | from Redmi 4

dude if you are still going to use redmi note 3 for more than 3 years then u shud consult some doctor! The reason why xiaomi is going to stop the updates for redmi note 3 and mi 5 is that these phone's user  Number going on decreasing and morover even when these phones are given with new new android updates then these phones will not able to use complete utilisation of the new android update !
2018-12-20 11:49:22

Pro Bunny

1664817069 | from Redmi Note 3

Yes very very bad news
2018-12-20 12:05:49

Master Bunny

See Harry | from app

Xiaomi provide only one android update for Redmi devices. If u need OS updates for 4-5 years, then u have to purchase an iPhone. Apple is the only company which provides OS updates even for their 5 year old phones. But the bad thing is that for iPhone u need to shed more bucks. With that money u can upgrade to latest android phones every two years with latest android OS. It's business bro... companies don't care much about giving software updates to their budget segment phones, especially Xiaomi.
2018-12-20 12:49:45

Advanced Bunny

@roshan833 | from Redmi 4A

it's shocking  news
2018-12-20 13:14:36

Semi Pro Bunny

techviewer | from Redmi Note 5

well said bro
2018-12-20 13:22:24