Mi.com | APP Download | About Mi Community | Privacy Policy |
India
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi TV

[Announcement] How to Watch NetFlix, Prime Video on Android TV

2018-12-25 12:37:50
5284 14

Hello Mi Fans,

Many of the new Mi TV users are struggling to watch the apps like Netflix or Amazon prime on their Mi TV. Now there is a solution for using such apps in your TV with the help of Google Home app.

Normally most of the apps will block screen sharing when you are trying the inbuilt screen mirroring or screen casting option. With these such restrictions can be avoided. We have not tried with Jio TV app, but it may also work.

Follow these steps to cast your Android device using Google Home App to your Android TV with built-in ChromeCast.

Step 1. Initial Setup

• Casting your Android screen is available on devices running Android 5.0 or higher. Please note: Some devices have been optimized for screen casting so your experience may vary.
  • Turn off "Power Saving Mode" on your Android device. Power Saving Mode can limit the processing power of your device which might affect the performance of the Cast Screen feature.
  • Important: The "Microphone" permission in the Google Play Services app needs to be turned on to successfully use the 'Cast Screen/Audio' feature with Chromecast. If you don't have this permission turned on,  the Cast Screen session will immediately disconnect after trying to connect.
        To turn on microphone permissions:
            On your Android device, tap Settings .
            Scroll down and tap Apps and then Google Play Services and then Permissions.
            Look for "Microphone" and slide the slider On .

Step 2. How to Cast your screen from your Android device

• Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
  • Open the Google Home app Google Home app and go to the Account tab .
  • Scroll down and look for Mirror device and tap on it.
  • Tap on the CAST SCREEN/AUDIO button.
  • Select your Android TV.

Step 3. Adjust the volume when casting your Android screen

• Open the Google Home app.
  • At the homepage, choose the Android TV you're using.
  • Move the slider to the right to increase the volume and move it to the left to decrease the volume.

Step 4. Stop casting your screen from your Android device

From the Google Home app

• Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
  • Open the Google Home app Google Home app and go to the Account tab .
  • Scroll down and look for Mirror device and tap on it.
  • Tap Disconnect.

Try this out on you Mi TV & let us know your experience in comments.

2018-12-25 12:37:50
Favorites6 RateRate

Chetan Bhatia | from Redmi Note 4

It's awesome!
2018-12-31 16:18:27
Chetan Bhatia
Stop putting up fake posts mentioning that you can view Netflix on Mi TVs.

Instead clearly mention that you can view netflix through chromecast which is present only on the latest version of Mi TVs (the Pro ones). Clearly put up the TV version in the page title.

Adopting Mi TVs early on was my biggest mistake, to all prospective smart TV customers think before you buy a smart TV from Mi.
1. They give fake promises about updates.
2. You can't actually run official Netflix app, Amazon prime
3. On older TVs you can't even view Youtube in 4K
4. The panel is so shitty that within 6 months it has started showing 'Mura Effect', (cloudiness in the panel clearly visible while viewing greys/whites)

Recommendation to prespective buyers - If your budget is low and you are looking for 32/43 inch screen go with Iffalcon, it has a great panel, Iffalcon is a sister subsidiary of TCL (a world re-known panel manufacturer).
2019-01-01 23:51:07

Rookie Bunny

598239215 | from mobile

Stop putting up fake posts mentioning that you can view Netflix on Mi TVs.

Instead clearly mention  ...

Very well said. Regret buying MI TV 4 55". Rubbish Patchwall. Fake promises.
2019-01-03 19:01:20

Rookie Bunny

598239215 | from mobile

Why not write buy Xiaomi TV box and enjoy Netflix and Prime. Nonsense post.
2019-01-03 19:13:09

Rookie Bunny

5201519733 | from app

actually we can watch netflix on MI TV with some tweaks. I have purchased mi tv 4 pro, and i am using aptoide app which was sideloadedly installed. from aptoide app..i installed netflix and it works flawlessly..only con is that i need to use a mouse to navigate inside the app.
2019-01-03 20:59:04
5201519733 replied at 2019-01-03 20:59:04
actually we can watch netflix on MI TV with some tweaks. I have purchased mi tv 4 pro, and i am usin ...

Can someone help me here, please? Just got my Mi TV 4 Pro 55, and tried everything but unable to install Netflix, or cat it from my iPhone. I keep getting the error " This version of Netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13)" with multiple versions.

Any help would be much appreciated
2019-01-04 19:13:26

Rookie Bunny

5201519733 | from app

Can someone help me here, please? Just got my Mi TV 4 Pro 55, and tried everything but unable to i ...

hmm...search for aptoide tv app on internet..then install it...now open the aptoide tv app and check for netflix app with red background..now instead of install..go to other versions on that and install any version which was build in dec 2018..once installed it will work..but u have to use mouse for that...and one more thing if u will use the bluetooth mouse or keyboard..the voice search on your remote will not work..tilll the time you are removing the bluetooth dongle from your tv..faced this issue recently..just a heads up..
2019-01-05 23:56:59
i was having problems casting netflix to the mi tv 4x pro 55". this post talks about screen mirroring netflix. so essentially it confirms that netflix cant be cast either
2019-01-22 22:13:11

Rookie Bunny

1642125170 | from Redmi 4

yes, Netflix can't be cast in pro series, all fake!
2019-01-23 17:14:54
5201519733 replied at 2019-01-03 20:59:04
actually we can watch netflix on MI TV with some tweaks. I have purchased mi tv 4 pro, and i am usin ...

are you able to watch 4k/HDR content on netflix??
2019-01-23 17:27:30