In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

Debate of the Week
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Discussion] [#15 Debate of the Week] Smartphone case vs Skins: What do will you prefer?

2019-01-13 09:08:35
9074 119
Hello Mi Fans,
I hope you are having a great time in the community. This week we are here with a new debate on smartphone skin or case which one is better. It’s difficult to figure out how you’ll protect the new device from scratches and bumps. This is false considering smartphone users don’t think much beyond aesthetics when it comes to their phone’s case!   
Smartphone case
A case gives you a better grip and it's secure against external damage but at the same time it takes away the natural beauty of the smartphone design.cases are accessories friendly is due to the material of the case many accessories can be easily attached back with the adhesive if your using skin accessories would not work as well. The case will get dirty over time with all the dust filled and clogged up in the spaces between the open ports but having a case will result in loss of physical aesthetics of the device and adding extra weight to the device.

Types of cases
Leather Cases
These are real leather cases usually made by premium brands or by manufacturers themselves. Which gives a special antique and classy look to the smartphone. They feel really good in the hand and the texture is really smooth.

PU Leather Cases
It is made from PU leather which is a synthetic leather which looks as though it is a real one. It costs less compared to the real leather case and doesn’t feel anywhere near like real leather.

Transparent Cases
It’s very thin TPU material used, usually 1-2mm thin. Doesn’t provide extreme protection but enough to prevent phone from scratching and prevent phone from damage when dropped from a small height. Preserves the design of the phone which most users prefer.

Slim Cases
Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) A kind of plastic which is flexible, elastic and resists oil and smudges. It won't be protecting much like drops but from the minor wear and tear scratches.

Dual-Layer Cases
If you are looking for the ultimate protection of your phone, this is the way to go. As the name of the phone case suggests, it is a dual-layer case made from two different layers. The inner layer is soft and absorbs impact. The outer layer is hard and solid and makes sure that it breaks before the phone does. If you work in a very rough environment and high-level drops.

Smartphone skin
Skin present a slicker look and reserves the original design of the phone it provides minimal no protection to the device don’t expect the phone skin to protect your phone. The biggest pros of the skin is, one really matters is that you can really get to use your phone the way it was built and that’s a huge factor for a lot of people it also helps a little with gripping with the more rugged textures on the back. Smartphone companies spend years developing and refining your products make sure the buttons are well-placed edges and curves are optimized to fit in your hands the overall design creates a balance between aesthetics By not using a case you are really killing the visual connection between the phone but using a skin is obviously no protections which can lead to more expense on repair and replacement. Few brands manufacture a transparent skin which is nearly invisible after application and gives some sort of protection to the device from scratches.

Previous Debates:-
[#13 Debate of the week] Streaming Vs Downloading
[#12 Debate of the week] Do you think Charging your Phone Overnight will damage the Device?
[#11 Debate of The Week] Display hole cameras: Gimmick or a correct step to bezel-less smartphones.
[#10 Debate Of The Week] Do you think we need Gaming smartphones?
[#9 Debate Of The Week] Can smartphone cameras replace DSLR as your travel companion?
[#8 Debate Of The Week] Do you think foldable smartphones will become a trend?
[#07 Debate of the Week] Which trend is better: Notches vs sliding cameras?
[#06 Debate Of The Week] Do you think we still need Feature Phones?
[#05 Debate Of The Week] Fitness Bands vs Smartwatches. Which one will you prefer?
[#04 Debate Of The Week] Will you buy a phone without headphone jack in future?
[#03 Debate of the week] Bezel-less Display Vs Notch Display? Which One Do You Like More?
[ #02 Debate of the week ]Do we really need a triple camera setup?
[ #01 Debate of the week ] Are Tablets worth buying in 2018?

Thanks for reading, Stay tuned for more debates

End Time: 2023-07-06 09:14:00
VS
For 87
Protection of device is much important than the stylish fancy skins and need a better grip for holding
Against 4
Looks and styling aspect is highest priority ready to take risk in protection of the device
Debater:0
2019-01-13 09:08:35
Favorites60 RateRate
Debate of the Week
Weekly Debates on Hot topics in the smartphones and Tech
40 Article Description     346 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe
Protection is sure a prime requirement, as well as cases come with lovely colours while skin gets yellow ish very soon after use.
2019-01-14 07:16:43

Master Bunny

rahulstomar78 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

....moreover Cases are in fashion and its really surprising that Mi is not interested in making them at huge.
2019-01-14 07:18:32

Master Bunny

rahulstomar78 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

...For all the RMN5Pro users I will suggest to give a try to back covers by "Spicesun" which are absolutely buttery matt finish and total sleek design. Red, Black, Blue, Peach and Golden are provided colours. I am very much sure that you will definitely fall in love with them like me. However, cheapest deal by Spicesun is available at Flipkart at the below mentioned link only :-
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/spicesun-back-cover-mi-redmi-note-5-pro/p/itmf3z5yagwz4k3x?pid=ACCF3Z49SE4FZJWK&cmpid=product.share.pp

Friends, give a thumbs up to me if you really like my this observation.
2019-01-14 07:26:55

Rookie Bunny

HenaShah | from MI 4W

Hi Rahul even I was in the same belief that cases are always better than skins but trust me once you start using skin you will never go back to use another case on the phone.

Smartphone manufactures are making devices thinner and lighter for us to experience not to add a stupid bulkier case on it.

I got my skin from StickON it's a good indian brand offering 3M and other premium varieties at a very competitive rate. Do check their Red color series wrap which I am using at  https://www.stickon.co.in/devices/phones/xiaomi.html
2019-01-14 12:06:04
jiten K pal
2019-01-14 22:48:56

Rookie Bunny

M. rg | from Redmi 5

I like MIUI product
2019-01-14 23:18:13

Semi Pro Bunny

1621787958 | from app

Safety of mobile is urgent
2019-01-15 23:10:52

Master Bunny