In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2

[Tips] [Mi A2] [Mi A2 Lite] Unlock, Flash Recovery And Root

2019-02-12 12:17:28
13929 8
Since the inception of these Android One devices, many people were of the notion that we no longer need to unlock, root and perform other such operations on our device, right? Wrong! Even after the purchase of an Android One device, you would probably want to tweak your device upto the maximum possible extent- so as to extract as much from your device as possible. This is because by now you must be bored by these monthly updates.
And I am in no way blaming the OEM's because they too cant give major UI overhaul to your device each month and as a result you are only left with these security patch updates each month.

Enough of the talks. Lets jump right into the bagon wheel and start the process of tweaking our system!
Also note that our device has two partitions, A and B, so many of the online guides would confuse you regarding chosing the inactive slot then the active and so on and on. BUT THIS GUIDE IS FREE FROM ALL SUCH THINGS! CHEERS :)

*DOWNLOADS:

* UNLOCKING Mi A2:
  • Take a complete backup of your data. You are going to lose your data because we need to format data partition as the current recovery does not support encryption on Android Pie (9.0).
  • Enable USB Debugging (Setting--About Phone-- Tap on Build Number 7 times)
  • Select Enable OEM Unlocking
  • Power off device and go to Fastboot Mode (Press Vol down + Power Button)
  • Open Minimal adb and Fastboot devices, connect your device and type
fastboot devices

• If you see a code then you are good to go!
  • Next type in the below codes and press enter after each code:
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

SIDE NOTE: Many sources would rather recommend you to type in the below code (and probably many of you might have even used only the below code and never heard of the above two):
fastboot oem unlock

But trust me the above two codes are the most fool-proof method of unlocking your device, be it of any Android version.
  • After typing in the above two codes, you will see a message on your screen.
  • Use the Volume Keys to highlight the option- UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER- and press Power button to confirm it. Thats it, your device has been unlocked!

* INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY:
My method involves a two step process-- first we temporarly boot the recovery and then permanently install it

In order to root our device, flash custom roms, modules, etc we need to flash a custom recovery. So follow the below steps:
  • Download the custom recovery from the download section above.
  • Rename it to recovery (so that the full name would now be recovery.img)
  • With your device in fastboot mode, open Minimal ADB and Fastboot, type the below code to temporarly boot intoTWRP:
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

• Now your device would be booted intpo TWRP (but remember it is still temporarly). To permanently install it:
  • Go to TWRP -- ADB Sideload -- Swipe to start Sideload.
  • Enter the following command to sideload and permanently install TWRP recovery:
adb sideload recovery.zip

NOTE: If you are on Android Oreo or any version before that (Android 8.1 or less) you can skip this part and go to Rooting, otherwise if your on Andorid Pie (9.0) you need to first decrypt the data as TWRP cannot decrypt the storage (/data partition) on Android Pie. Follow the below steps:

Go to TWRP by turning off device and then pressing Vol Up + power Button together.

• In TWRP go to Wipe -- Format -- Type in YES -- then swipe to confirm.
  • Go to Mount -- Select Enable MTP and connect your device to PC.
  • Transfer the Disable Force Encryption zip file (download from downloads section, above) to your internal storage.
  • Disconnect Phone -- Go to TWRP -- Click on Install -- Select the Disable Force Encryption zip file and then Swipe to confirm flash.

*ROOTING:

• Transfer Magisk (download from Downloads section above) into internal storage.
  • Go to TWRP-- Install -- Select the Magisk file -- Swipe to confirm flash.
  • Go to Reboot and then select Reboot System.

Thats It! Now you have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader, Installed Custom Recovery and Rooted your Device! Feel free to drop your concerns in the comment box. Happy to Help :)
Also, if I get many requests, I would write another thread regarding how to root and install custom recovery using the SLOT A/B (or Partition A/B) method.

Do Favorite This Thread If It Helped You. Thanks ;)

2019-02-12 12:17:28
Favorites17 RateRate

Master Bunny

JűŇåîĎ451 | from Redmi Note 4

Nice information
2019-02-12 23:57:52
Rooting is the best way to recover your lost data in a quick way. And the best essay writing service provides an application which helps you to root your Android Phone.
2019-05-08 05:48:27
You can seen the here find where is internet explorer on windows 10 it is the process to batter working start here.
2019-05-10 04:17:02
Our DNA works different and we know that it’s everyone have different. RNA and DNA work in our blood for better blood movement. The schoolsmarine.com may help you.
2019-06-21 12:00:54
does unlocking the bootloader of mi a2 voids the warranty?
2019-08-22 12:41:18

Rookie Bunny

Harahus | from app

Nice
2019-08-25 01:55:26
I am using Mi A3..being a freelance writer at best essay writing service  and i always using my device for my work as well..i didn't take any backup installation yet..so if i face any issues in future then rooting is the best way to recover my lost data in a quick way?
2019-11-28 02:55:07
[url=https

Rookie Bunny

Deadshot77 | from app

Does this root work for mi a2 in Android 10???
2020-03-03 22:28:14