Do it at your own risk.
I am not responsible for your bricked phone.******
Many of us have faced faced some problems when we flash official twrp in miui ROMs. Whenever we boot into the twrp our internal memory shows 0 mb.
avatar.png (115.09 KB, Downloads: 1)
2019-02-22 23:35:25 Upload
avatar.png (77.34 KB, Downloads: 1)
2019-02-22 23:34:42 Upload
To fix that we format our phone.
avatar.png (119.02 KB, Downloads: 1)
2019-02-22 23:38:15 Upload
This is a temporary fix and if we again boot into twrp we face same issue. I have a solution in which we will not lose any data. Just flash orange fox twrp in miui Rom and everything will be fine.
Go to the link given below to download orange fox recovery for your phone.
SETTING UP MIUI OTA:
1. Download the most up-to-date release of OrangeFox Recovery
2. Download a full MIUI ROM that will be the basis of your future MIUI experience, and copy it to your phones storage
3. Flash the OrangeFox Recovery zip with your current custom recovery (or follow the steps in the thread for installing from adb/fastboot)
4. Reboot into OrangeFox Recovery (this will have happened automatically if you flashed the OrangeFox zip)
5. Go to OrangeFox settings and enable these MIUI OTA settings -
a. Support MIUI incremental OTA.
b. Include system in OTA survival.
c. Incremental OTA signature verification.
d. Aggressive stock recovery deactivatione.
6. Disable DM-Verity.
7. Go to the Wipe menu, and wipe data, cache, and dalvik.
8. Flash your full MIUI ROM. After the ROM is flashed, OrangeFox will start the "OTA_BAK" process, which will backup your system and boot partitions into the /sdcard/Fox/OTA directory. You must NOT delete any of the files in the /sdcard/Fox/OTA directory. If you do, then incremental OTA updates will most definitely fail.
9. Reboot your phone, and start to use your phone normally.
10. When MIUI notifies you that there is an update, download the update, using the MIUI updater app, and allow it to reboot automatically to OrangeFox.
11. OrangeFox will install the update automatically (this might take several minutes)
12. OrangeFox will reboot the phone automatically upon completion of the installation of the MIUI OTA update.
13. After this, you will not need to flash a full ROM any more - just follow the steps in #10 above.
14. If you want to move to a completely different version/build of MIUI, then you will first need to clean-flash the full ROM of that MIUI build, as described above.
avatar.png (149.78 KB, Downloads: 1)
2019-02-22 23:53:46 Upload
Flashing a ROM is usually a straightforward process. You can either do a "clean" flash, or a "dirty" flash.
1. Do NOT flash a ROM in a queue with other zips. Always flash a ROM on its own, and when flashing is completed, reboot OrangeFox, before doing anything else.
2. If you ever wipe the /vendor partition (when you are preparing to flash a ROM), then you must first reboot OrangeFox - before flashing the ROM (that is - if you want OrangeFox to patch dm-verity and forced-encryption successfully).
3. Please note that, if you do not follow both of the above instructions, and you encounter problems afterwards (which you definitely will), I will not answer any questions.
A. "Clean flashing" (Strongly recommended)
1) Backup your applications, settings, SMS messages, call logs, etc Do NOT skip this step.
2) Bootup OrangeFox Recovery
3) Select "Wipe"
4) Swipe to reset to defaults (this will restore the installed ROM to a known state, and will remove apps/settings that might be incompatible with the ROM that you wish to install)
5) Return to the main OrangeFox menu
6) Select "Install"
7) Choose the ROM that you want to flash
8) Swipe to flash.
9) Reboot OrangeFox recovery - before doing anything else - so that any changes to partitions/filesystems done by flashing the new ROM will take full effect
10) Flash whatever else you might want to flash (eg, GAPPs, magisk, etc)
11) Reboot your device
12) Wait for a long time while the new ROM sets itself up (go and make a cup of tea!)
B. "Dirty flashing" (NOT recommended)
1) Bootup OrangeFox Recovery
2) Select "Install"
3) Choose the ROM that you want to flash
4) Swipe to flash
5) Wipe cache and dalvik
6) Reboot OrangeFox recovery - before doing anything else- so that any changes to partitions/filesystems done by flashing the new ROM will take full effect
7) Flash whatever else you might want to flash (eg, GAPPs, magisk, etc)
8) Reboot your device
NOTE: Dirty flashing a ROM is NOT recommended. It can cause all kinds of random problems. Always choose to "clean flash"
For more information go to XDA.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .