FAQ-Cover-Designed by R0user.png (92.11 KB, Downloads: 9)
2017-04-03 17:02:46 Upload
Hello, Mi Fans!
With new device inclusions day by day many new users are joining MI family and some of them are first time MIUI users and so obviously attracting questions of their own. Here are some of the questions & answers which have been asked in MIUI feedback section for quite a number of times recently. If you somehow missed the previous volume then do check the links at the end of the thread.
1. Live wallpapers are missing on MIUI 8, how do I set one?
- It's not missing but it's no longer available to access via settings - wallpaper path because of the design change in MIUI 8.
- Go to homescreen
- Pinch with two fingers & select wallpaper
- Continue scrolling the list of wallpapers until you see "Browse" - click it
- From that page select "Live"
- Do note that depending upon the android version available live wallpapers quality might differ.
2. Three finger screenshot method is not working for me, even though the feature is available on my device?
- One or other way if the "switch access" service has been set active on your device then it won't work.
- Go to settings - additional settings - accessibility
- Under services - turn off "switch access" service
- It should work fine now.
3. Wallpaper carousel isn't working for me on some apps, the option is greyed out?
Do note that it's meant to be worked with the default theme (and the ones it's supported on) Some themes do have their own wallpaper/gif/lockscreen which will mark the wallpaper carousel as greyed out.
- Change the theme back to default one from theme app - offline - default and check back.
4. How do I set my background wallpaper for homescreen movable (scrollable) when it's wide?
- Go to settings - wallpaper - select your wallpaper
- Before clicking "Set/apply" tap anywhere on the screen which will show the option named "Wallpaper scroll", make it on.
- If you are setting the wallpaper from theme app - tap anywhere before hitting "Set/apply", same way.
5. I am not able to move the app icons on homescreen and not able to perform hold to uninstall?
- You must have turned on feature named "Lock home screen layout"
- Go to settings - homescreen (launcher settings) - disable option named "lock home screen layout"
6. Updation of antivirus definition is not possible on mobile data, what do I do?
- Because of the large size of antivirus definitions currently updation is only possible via Wi-Fi, and not via mobile data.
7. My music player skips some songs while playing, what do I do?
- Although this has been taken care after 8.2 versions and correct warning message will pop up now but still if you are on previous version then note this,
In order to solve this problem, only thing you have to do is clear data of music app via settings - installed apps - music - clear data
8. Not able to change the font back to default ones, how to do that?
- It's simple, go to themes app, under font category - offline - select “default” and reboot when asked.
9. Email settings for hotmail account isn't working, how to configure?
- Although it seems fine for most of the users but if you aren't able to set hotmail account in default mail app then make sure you use following settings
Type: Exchange server
Security type: SSL/TLS
10. Without search box i'm not able to find the songs from my large music collection.
- This has been addressed with the search feature inside music player on Global Developer ROM so if your stable device still hasn't received one then kindly wait, it has been implemented and will come eventually. Know more about it here
11. My lyrics aren't visible what do i do?
- Mi music player uses lrc file which is lyrics file specific to each song, complete information about it and how to use them is here.
12. My device isn't showing notification for missed calls?
- You must have installed app named truecaller which is causing this.
To solve this issue, open your truecaller app - settings - general - disable missed call notifications, it should now show all the missed call notifications from phone’s default dialer app.
13. I have set fingerprint for unlocking but still my device asks for pattern/password everytime I reboot.
- Asked by new users mostly, this is the default security mechanism implemented by Google for the FP sensor based device after Android 6.0 and it's present across all the devices running 6.0 and higher.
14. During calling now the contact picture is seen only in small circle instead of whole screen, how do I change?
- You can't, this is as per the design policy of MIUI 8, which is different from MIUI 7 and it's caller screen.
15. Accessibility services turns off for some apps automatically after restart or cleaning via security app?
- In order to, keep the accessibility service running by particular app you must grant that app a permission to be running in background in RAM
Security app - permissions - auto start - your desired app, turn it on for and neither it will be closed, nor its accessibility (or normal) services. Also, it will protect it against the cleaning of recent apps from RAM.
16. How do I uninstall or disable the preinstalled google apps?
- As they are now system apps, they can’t be uninstalled but there is of course a way to disable them, refer to this thread here.
17. Why music player isn’t showing .m4a file types?
- Due to copyright issues it has been removed temporarily.
18. I am trying to update my apps from playstore but it’s saying “Waiting for Wi-Fi” even if I am connected to Wi-Fi?
The temporary solution to this issue is: go to settings - installed apps - play store - uninstall updates, it will work until the play store will update itself to the latest version, unfortunately there’s no way to stop play store getting updated.
That's it for now folks! We will see you in next installment with all new questions from your side. Have any Questions, Comments or Feedback about MIUI, share with us below in the comment box, in MIUI Feedback Or MIUI Q&A section.
[Vol III] Frequently Asked Questions On MIUI and Mi Community
[Vol II] Frequently Asked Questions On MIUI
[Vol I] Frequently Asked Questions On MIUI
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .