In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Discussion] Redmi Note 7 series: The ultimate durable smartphone

2019-04-08 01:42:03
575159 579

Technically speaking, our smartphone always stays with us wherever we go. And it is only a matter of time before dropping it on the ground or spilling tea/coffee all over it. Perhaps with some of us, this has already happened multiple times. What if I say the new Redmi Note 7 series can easily pass durability test. You may be thinking that I am just talking in the air. Trust me, it does.

Redmi Note 7 series durability test

After watching this merciless video, you must have understood how durable the Redmi Note 7 Series is. When I say Redmi Note 7 series I mean both Redmi Note 7 as well as Note 7 Pro. So what makes these two smartphones durable enough to bear the pounding of two heavy-weights and the sharpness of kitchen knife? Let’s read at length.

Corning Gorilla Glass 5

The fifth generation of Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 provides more resistance to drops and four times the strength as compared to the previous version. According to Corning, GG5 survives 1.6-meter, shoulder-height drops onto extremely hard surfaces up to 80% of the time. Although GG5 is much tougher to its predecessor GG4 and GG3, it provides the damage resistance, optical clarity and touch sensitivity, making Redmi Note 7 series more durable than its close competitors.

P2i Nano-coating

P2i is a nanotechnology development company that has a range of solutions spanning from protection against humidity and weather, to splashes and spills and immersion of at least 2 meters depth for 30 minutes. The nano –coating technology developed by P2i protects your smartphone inside and out, increases reliability and durability over the product lifetime, and provides everyday protection from accidental fall and heavy rain. All the openings are now sealed with custom rubberized material to keep any liquid from seeping in. The Redmi Note 7 series with P2i nano-coating safeguards your device against the most challenging and extreme weather from the coldest and driest to the hottest or wettest.

Water-tight sealed ports

Redmi note 7 series is the first in the Redmi Series to have watertight ports implemented. There are watertight seals around the sensitive points from where water can enter inside the device. For example, the watertight seals are around the sim tray, the USB type C port, the camera module, headphone jack, power buttons, and volume rockers. If you open the device you can see them easily.

The new series feature I/O port sealed design, independent receiver with dust guard, splash-proof components, the speaker with double-layer dust net design, and selfie camera watertight sealant. ln addition, the openings of Redmi Note 7 series are sealed with custom rubberized material to keep any liquid from seeping in.

Reinforced Corners

All four corners of the Redmi Note 7 series are reinforced to protect the screen. The reinforced corners make the smartphone more durable to withstand all the impact when the device drops accidentally. Speaking of that a device without a reinforced corner will get screen damaged easily as the force acts on the single point where the device hits the ground when it’s dropped. But with the reinforced corners, the force impact is distributed to all over the device body and it prevents the device from the major internal parts damage and display damage.

Corrosion-proof ports

India is home to an extraordinary variety of climatic regions, ranging from tropical in the south to temperate and alpine in the Himalayan north, where elevated regions receive sustained winter snowfall. This sort of climate significantly affects your smartphones and may be one of the reasons for corrosion. The Redmi Note 7 series comes with corrosion proof coating that helps prevent the liquid related damages from affecting your device.

Smart PA for up to 2.5x volume boost and low distortion

At Xiaomi, we have used Texas Instruments SmartPA TAS2563 in Redmi Note 7 series. This is a power amplifier that significantly enhances audio quality. It also improves the playback quality while protecting speakers from damage at the high volume level. The SmartPA creates an independent large sound cavity within the device which boosts the volume by 2.5x when listening to music on a loudspeaker. We don’t have to put our phone in a glass cup or boom bowls to boost the sound quality.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-08 01:42:03
Favorites364 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Speclock | from app

great sort of information
2019-04-08 06:09:20

Advanced Bunny

1704158145 atul | from Redmi Note 4

redmi note 7 series is best phone and good looking
2019-04-08 06:11:50

Master Bunny

Animesh Singh | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

Nice mobile, Thanks for sharing
2019-04-08 06:17:17

Techie Team

J C Paul | from Redmi Note 4

Thanks for sharing:)
2019-04-08 06:23:54

Semi Pro Bunny

ANAND CHITRA 1794106787 | from Redmi Note 5

very important and detailed information about mi7.
2019-04-08 06:45:14

Grandmaster Bunny

Solver13 | from Redmi Note 4

Redmi Note 7 series is awesome! I just loved it!!
2019-04-08 06:45:24

Semi Pro Bunny

ANAND CHITRA 1794106787 | from Redmi Note 5

very important and detailed information about mi7.
2019-04-08 06:45:40

MIUI Beta Tester

sanyaanuj | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

nyc information
2019-04-08 06:57:54

Advanced Bunny

1679507141 | from Redmi Note 4

phone bechna band kar do
2019-04-08 06:58:34

Resource Team

iamumesh | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

phone bechna band kar do