In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[Other] Mi Pay - Frequently Asked Questions

2019-04-16 17:11:09
9396 89

Hello Mi Fans!
We know you have miles to go and bills to pays before you sleep. Let your Xiaomi phone take care of the bills through a revolutionary payment technology – Mi Pay. Faster, safer and more reliable, the specially designed UPI app (Unified Payments Interface) comes pre-loaded in all Xiaomi phones. Use Mi Pay to quickly transfer money to friends and family, pay your local grocer or pay for your utilities.

Mi Pay - Frequently Asked Questions

• What is Mi Pay?
Mi Pay is a UPI client and a payment service platform in India brought to you by Xiaomi.

• What are the prerequisites for using Mi Pay?
User should Sign In / Sign Up into Mi Account. Mobile number of the user must be registered with the selected bank for using UPI. User should have a valid Debit Card in order to set a UPI PIN. Users should keep Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI PIN handy during the selected payment mechanism.

• Why should I use Mi Pay?
Mi Pay UPI has been approved by NPCI under the multi-bank API model. Audited by EY and Lucideus, Mi Pay has end to end encryption and highly secure data servers, providing the top-notch security. ICICI is the official PSP for Mi Pay which is a leading bank. For detailed thread, visit here.

• What can I use Mi Pay for?
Money Transfer, Shopping, Utility Services, Pay Merchants, Bill Payments. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to add my bank account?
Open your "Mi Pay" app and Sign in your Mi account by tapping on "Log in with System Account". Then tap on "Link" button. Now select your SIM card which is registered with your bank account and then select your bank name from the given list. After that, select your bank account which you want to add. Then tap on "Enter UPI PIN". Now enter your UPI PIN. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to create UPI ID for my Mi Pay?
After adding your bank account on your Mi Pay, just enter one unique ID and tap on "Proceed". If your ID is available, you will see one pop-up with "UPI ID is available", then simply tap on "Continue" and then tap on "Done". For detailed thread, visit here.

• How do I check my balance of my Bank Accounts?
Open MI Pay App and head over to Bank Accounts under My Information. Click on the Show balance button present on the bottom of every bank card. Then enter your UPI Pin. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to transfer money via UPI?
Open "Mi Pay" app then tap on "Transfer" then tap on "Send to UPI ID". Now enter the UPI ID to whom you want to send money. After that enter the amount you want to send. Select the desired bank account and click on "Next". Confirm your information by tapping on "Confirm". Now enter your UPI PIN and tap on the right tick to proceed. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to transfer money from SMS App?
Open Messaging App then choose the contact/number to which you want to transfer money. Tap on the ‘+’ sign present on the bottom left corner and choose the transfer button. Now just enter the amount and choose the bank account in case you have multiple. You will be then directed to a Preview Page, check the details and then enter your UPI PIN. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How do I use Scan & Pay?
Open Mi Pay app and tap on Scan & Pay option. Point the camera to the recipient's QR code until your device responds. Other than camera, you are also able to choose images to contain QR codes from the Gallery. Now Enter the amount you want to send, select the desired bank account and click on 'Next'. Then enter your UPI PIN and press the checkmark button to proceed. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to generate and share your own QR code?
Open Mi Pay app and tap on “Scan & Pay” option. Then click on My QR Code to see your QR code. Click on the share button at the top right corner to share the code with the sender. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to generate and share your own QR code with a specific amount?
Open Mi Pay app and select “QR Code” option or view it by navigating to My Profile then tap on the QR code button at top right corner. Set amount option right below the QR code. For detailed thread, visit here.

• How to send time-limited money requests in Mi Pay?
Open Mi Pay app and click on Request. Select Request from a new UPI ID or select an ID from the recent menu. Then enter the UPI ID and click Next. Enter the amount and click on the option valid till. Select the validity of the request from 30 Minutes to 1 day. Enter remarks (optional) and click on Next, then tap on Confirm. For detailed thread, visit here.

• What is the maximum transaction amount for UPI?
The amount of money that can be transferred per day, per transaction is limited to ₹1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh) defined by NPCI and also depends on the individual banks.

• From where can I download MI Pay?
You can download Mi Pay from Mi App Store or click here. (N.B. Links will work only on MI devices.)

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us:
Call: 1800 103 6286 (Service Hours: 9 AM to 9 PM)
Email: service.in@xiaomi.com

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-16 17:11:09
Favorites64 RateRate

Apiyush265 | from Redmi Note 4

Awesome compilation!
2019-04-16 20:54:17

Pro Bunny

Marmik Patel 46 | from Redmi Note 5

nice information
2019-04-16 21:41:04

Resource Team

iamumesh | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Well Informative!
2019-04-16 22:14:51
Alone we can do so little, But together we can do so much. --''Helen Keller''

App Review Team

Maji George | from Redmi 3S

Awesome Guide!
2019-04-16 22:29:32

Grandmaster Bunny

Centurions | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

thanks for info
2019-04-16 22:49:42

Pro Bunny

sakmin | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

nice information.
2019-04-17 01:52:47

Read Only

RJP AKSHAY RANA | from Redmi Note 4

AWSOME ONE!!!!!
2019-04-17 02:26:28

Grandmaster Bunny

Solver13 | from Redmi Note 4

Very useful thread for users. Hope it'll solve most the questions which the users are having regarding Mi Pay.
2019-04-17 02:50:14

Master Bunny

Shahvez002 | from Redmi 3S

Very useful thread.........
2019-04-17 04:09:54
It's very useful info.
2019-04-17 05:51:09
Ramayannan