In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 6 Pro

[Discussion] How Camera Ratio can Effect the Quality of Image?

2019-04-25 00:11:49
2894 4

Hello Mi Fans,
Many users like to use 16:9 or greater aspect ratio for the camera and after some time they complaints that the camera quality is decreased. Do you know the reason behind this? Let’s find it out and resolve this problem

In every Smartphone, the default aspect ratio is 4:3 due to which you can capture perfect photos but when you change the aspect ratio to 16:9 or greater, then the camera will stretch the photo to that specific aspect ratio due to which the photo’s quality was degraded.

Let’s understand this with some sample photos.

As you can see that all the photos which are captured in 16:9 aspect ratio are compressed to 9.8 MP while the image captured in 4:3 aspect ratio, the resolution isn’t changed that is 13 MP.

So, make sure at what aspect ratio you want to click the photo so that the resolution did not decrease.

Thanks!

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-25 00:11:49
Favorites2 RateRate
I use 16:9 aspect ratio for clicking pictures and as you said I've also noticed that the resolution used to get decreased but I was having no idea that how can I get the perfect resolution of a picture clicked using a 13 MP camera and what was the reason behind the decrease in resolution of the image. But this thread really helped me a lot to know the reason behind this and I got the solution as well. Thank you very much for sharing such thread with us :)
2019-04-27 14:49:44
Hi

Very Good Tech knowledge... keep it up
2019-04-28 01:48:24
Ksuthar

Pro Bunny

Akshay nigam | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

Please give update of camera2api
2019-04-28 05:31:17

Semi Pro Bunny

I'm babu | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

very nice information