In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7 Pro

[Discussion] Google-Camera 7 for Redmi Note 7 Pro

2019-05-13 15:41:13
10972 68
Redmi Note 7 Pro is arguably the best mid-range camera smartphone money can buy. The Sony IMX586 sensor is capable of delivering amazing photos even in the most difficult lighting conditions, and while the stock camera app already does a fine job, why not push the sensor to the very limits to see what the maximum image quality looks like. Here is where Google-Camera comes into play with its amazing image processing algorithms. It took a few months for compatible G-Cam builds to be developed, and while there aren't any G-Cam versions with all the features fully working, and after many weeks of testing several different versions modded by developers such as Arnova8G2, BSG, bulkin043, fu24, Urnyx05, xtrme, TlnNeun and others, I managed to obtain some decent results on some versions, but still the performance was much below the capabilities of the camera sensor. Thankfully the situation finally changed with the new release of Google-Camera 7 which literally turns photos into works of art! The new era of smartphone photography has begun!

During my extensive tests I've found this build to be quite stable and fast, with smooth transitions when switching through the menus and a very responsive UI. Most of the features work really well, such as Lens blur, Panorama, Photosphere, Timelapse and especially NightSight which is absolutely spectacular! Slow Motion video, EIS and face retouching aren't working for the moment, but we can hope to get a fix sometime in the near future.

Bugs: camera sounds can't be disabled on custom ROMs due to missing toggle. Deleting a photo while it's being processed will crash G-Cam!

You can download Google-Camera 7.0.009 v4 Beta4 version released by Arnova8G2 from HERE

After much trial and error I've managed to find the best combination of settings which provides fantastic image quality, with amazing details and sharpness, good color reproduction, epic noise control, very good exposure, accurate white balance and superior dynamic range. You can find the XML configs for Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet) HERE

To learn how to use XML config files please see this tutorial! [ Use the name "Configs7" instead of "Configs" for the sub-folder containing the XML files ] » put the XML files inside "Configs7" sub-folder » open G-Cam and pull down menu from viewfinder by tapping on the upper arrow pointing downward » scroll down to RATIO and change to Standard (4:3) » load the config from viewfinder as shown in the tutorial.

[ Main Camera AWB Recommendations ]

» AWB 3 (Nexus 2016 - Pixel) is a neutral white balance which suits most outdoor conditions and has the brightest exposure and NightSight. Not suitable for capturing warm faded colors or for shooting in cloudy weather as photos end up being too cold due to the cold-blueish ambient light

» AWB 1 (Nexus 2018 - Pixel 3) is a warm white balance which suits most indoor conditions and is recommended for capturing warm faded colors or the warm light of sunrises and sunsets. Also suitable for shooting in cloudy weather where the warm image temperature helps balancing out the cold-blueish ambient light

» AWB 0 (IMX586) is a cold white balance which is mostly suitable for shooting in particular lighting conditions where a cooler image temperature is needed. Great for capturing foliage with dark-blueish greens and generally recommended for blue colors. Especially useful for framing the blue sky and a mass of water in one shot. Not suitable for capturing warm colors such as light-greens or yellow colors in general. Great for neutralizing sunlight and very similar to WB of stock MIUI Camera

[ PRO Back Camera Tips ]

» when shooting in low-light scenarios like after sunset or before sunrise, tap to focus on the center of the photo for a better exposure. Manually focusing on the center of the photo will raise just the right amount of exposure for a perfectly balanced ratio between highlights and shadows

» when shooting a subject with strong light coming from behind it, tap to focus on the subject and slightly raise exposure using exposure slider. This will ensure the subject won't be underexposed when shooting in such difficult lighting conditions

[ PRO Front Camera Tips ]

» when shooting a selfie with strong light coming from behind or when shooting in low-light, your face will be underexposed. To counteract this issue, tap to focus on the center of your face and slightly raise exposure using exposure slider. This will ensure your face will be well exposed when shooting in such difficult lighting conditions

[ NightSight Astrophotography Mode ]

NightSight astrophotography mode activates automatically when device is perfectly stable, capturing a longer exposure shot instead of the normal NightSight shot (cuttlefish is ready when "Phone is steady" appears on viewfinder)

{ Focus » infinity } { Timer » 3sec }

!!! Shutter button locks if you immediately view a photo after taking a NightSight shot. Tap on "NightSight" again to unlock the shutter !!!

IMPORTANT: A clean install is always recommended prior to using Google-Camera 7 in order to avoid possible functionality issues with the app! First uninstall all G-Cam apps currently found on your system » clean system temporary files and cache using MIUI Security app cleaner or a similar app for custom ROMs » reboot device » install G-Cam7 » clear G-Cam7 data and cache and apply the settings/config » reboot device (switching between configs does not require a reboot)

!!! Some custom ROM users may need to apply the Magisk module found HERE in order to be able to install G-Cam7. MIUI users are not required to apply this module as Google-Camera 7 works by default on MIUI China, Global (Indian) and Xiaomi EU ROMs !!!

Enjoy Google-Camera 7 on your violet device!

2019-05-13 15:41:13
Favorites45 RateRate

Master Bunny

Suresh@123 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Very nice. I think xiomi failed to use 48 mp correctly
2019-05-13 19:47:49

Master Bunny

rahulstomar78 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

awesome article
2019-05-13 21:06:33

Rookie Bunny

5189897417 | from Redmi 6 Pro

nice one to look ....
2019-05-13 21:34:16

Pro Bunny

harikrishna10271 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

thanks for sharing
2019-05-13 21:48:11

Pro Bunny

Raxmi | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

I am using 'arnova8g2 google camera for mi9' in my Redmi note 7 pro and it's producing similar colors as the gcam you mentioned...My settings in arnova gcam 'enable pixel awb(auto white balance), and donot change anything even saturation remains same' and here is the comparison...

Yours producing slightly cooler tone and mine producing slightly warmer otherwise they are same...here is the link to my gcam

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk
2019-05-13 22:27:33

Master Bunny

5203933800 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Thanks for sharing
2019-05-13 22:32:04

Advanced Bunny

Vlachorum Sapiens Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Raxmi
I am using arnova8g2 google camera for mi9 and it's producing similar colors as the gcam you mention ...

Interesting results! I've tried Arnova's build on my Redmi Note 7 Pro and also xtrme's build developed for Mi 9, but unfortunately the color tone isn't accurate and it tends to be on the cooler side with a slight greenish tint, while exposure isn't that great. One might expect more or less the same results when using the same GCam build on both the Mi 9 and Redmi Note 7 Pro since they have the same Sony IMX586 sensor. But that's clearly not the case. Although the main camera is the same on both devices, they have very different image processing hardware and that is why the results will always be different. This GCam build performs much better on the Redmi Note 7 Pro than those builds developed for Mi 9. It's surprising to see that it also works very well on your Mi 9. But still I would recommend you xtrme's build as it's the best GCam for the Mi 9 at the moment.
2019-05-13 22:56:39

Advanced Bunny

Vinodkumarr | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

not working on rn5 pro
2019-05-13 23:02:11

Advanced Bunny

Vlachorum Sapiens Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Vinodkumarr
not working on rn5 pro

Try this one developed by marlin-ku specifically for the Redmi Note 5 » https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/gc_6.1.021_whyred_05dm.apk
2019-05-13 23:11:06

Pro Bunny

Raxmi | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Vlachorum Sapiens
Interesting results! I've tried Arnova's build on my Redmi Note 7 Pro and also xtrme's build devel ...

Oh actually I forgot to mention that I am using my Redmi note 7 pro...Not mi 9...sorry for that....
2019-05-13 23:55:52