In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Max 2

[Discussion] i am not able to connect my phone to laptop?

2019-06-23 02:21:50
67 2
I am getting USB treathing notification on phone. But when I select an option of file transfer I am not able to see an removable storage device on the laptop. I also enabled USB therting option in setting also.
Please help
2019-06-23 02:21:50
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Heman Sajnani | from MI MAX 2

you mean usb tethering?

tethering is for when you want to use the USB to be able to connect your laptop to the internet via your phone's data connection. but since hotspot features are there I don't know anybody who tethers the phone now.

anyway, getting back to the question... I'm guessing your phone charges properly so it's not a cable problem. sometimes when you first connect your phone via USB to a laptop or a pc it starts to install drivers for it and it takes a couple of mins before the phone gets recognized and then it will show up as Mi Max with a phone Icon next to your C drive. For me it shows up on the desktop since I use Linux.

also if you can try running a diagnostic tool on your PC / laptop to see if all the hardware including the usb ports are working ok or not. many times wrong drivers can cause the usb ports to not function correctly.
2019-06-23 06:58:06

Rookie Bunny

1747408085 Author | from MI MAX 2

Heman Sajnani
you mean usb tethering?

tethering is for when you want to use the USB to be able to connect your laptop to the internet via your phone's data connection. but since hotspot features are there I don't know anybody who tethers the phone now.

let me try. thanks for the suggestion.
2019-06-24 08:37:59