In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi K20 Pro

[Review&Unboxing] My take on Redmi K20 Pro gaming experience - Explorer Dipper

2019-07-29 11:13:06
424143 147

Hey Mi Fans,
Welcome to another thread where I, Nidhin Babu AKA Explorer Dipper, will talk about my gaming experience with Redmi K20 Pro - The Alpha Flagship. The newly launched Redmi K20 series has already turned the Indian smartphone market upside down with its best specifications, highest quality, and honest pricing.

Honestly speaking, true feedback on gaming experience can be given by the user itself. Me being one of the 48 Mi explorers, had the privilege to use the device and do some gaming on it. I have done some hardcore gaming with this device and played a number of games like PUBG mobile, Asphalt 8, and others. The experience I had was unmatched by any device in quite a while. It could play any game at any settings I threw at it, with absolute ease. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 mobile platforms with Adreno 640 could handle any graphics without breaking even a drop of sweat.

The Elite Gaming GPU as Qualcomm itself calls, the Adreno 640 GPU is nothing short of a beast when gaming and graphics are concerned. It makes the K20 Pro the first device to come with Vulkan 1.1. It also features Cinematic post-processing, Depth of field, Filmic tone mapping, True High Dynamic Range (HDR) support and Physically based rendering (PBR).

The Gaming experience on the new Redmi K20 Pro: The Alpha Flagship

As a hardcore gamer, the first thing when I got the device was obviously installing one of my favourite game, PUBG mobile. I played it with HDR graphics with Ultra FPS and the gaming experience was mind-blowing. There were no stutters or lags anywhere. Most of my teammates who I used to play along wondered how my gaming all of a sudden become so impressive. Right from opening the game, the game opens in less than 10 sec which was very impressive.

After the recent update from PUBG mobile, the frame rate settings can be even changed up to HDR Extreme. The extreme settings of the game are no match for the handling capability of the Flagship chipset. The gameplay in this setting cannot be explained in words, the smoothness it could give is just amazing. When we change the graphics to the highest we get a warning that the device can get heated, but the device seldom heats up thanks to the graphite cooling sheets.

Here are some gameplay screenshots from PUBG mobile with highest graphics settings :

I also tried some gameplay on Asphalt 8: Airborne. Here are some gameplay screenshots as well :

The chipset can easily handle all these graphics easily but in the new K20 Pro we have some extra features as well. These extra features even enhance the gaming and after all the enhancements, the gaming changes to a whole different level.

The 2nd Generation Game Turbo

This is one of the best features of the new Alpha flagship if you are a hardcore gaming. The new game turbo has a whole lot of features within itself. It has the regular notification controls, auto-brightness control, etc, adding to that, it comes with specific game-centric settings.

For PUBG mobile, it has settings to enhance the touch response and sensitivity to repeated taps. It can go up to a touch sampling rate of 120Hz-180Hz. On increasing this setting, the game seems to work even easier, your response towards the firing button is really faster so that you can kill your enemies even before they started aiming at you.

Another feature within the Game Turbo which really surprised me was the Enhanced Visuals 2.0, featuring Night Vision capability. By enabling this feature, the night mode in the game is much brighter and you don't even need a night vision goggles to spot your enemies.

The device packs lots and lots of features which even a flagship device could not provide. The name Flagship killer is named spot on because on the introduction of this device, even a premium flagship device doesn't have a chance. The Redmi K20 Pro is the best value for money device Indian smartphone market has ever seen. The reign of the Alpha Flagship is already started. Be the first to get the beast. No gamers will ever regret the decision. This is a word from a true gamer.

That's it for today friends
Hope to see you in another thread.

Subscribe to our columns to Stay updated with interesting Debates, Polls, Tutorial and more from Device Team:

2019-07-29 11:13:06
Favorites84 RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

Bheru Bhati | from Redmi K20 Pro

but still frame drops in pubg
2019-07-29 11:53:43

Resource Team

iamumesh | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Thanks for sharing with us!
2019-07-31 08:19:59
Alone we can do so little, But together we can do so much. --''Helen Keller''

Advanced Bunny

Herculiez | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Informative!
2019-07-31 08:43:08

Advanced Bunny

Rudra05 | from Redmi K20 Pro

battery drains A lot
2019-07-31 09:36:22

Rookie Bunny

5211629330 | from Redmi Note 5

mind blowing in
2019-07-31 09:42:31

Rookie Bunny

5174835799 | from Redmi 5

lovely smartphone I like u mobile
2019-07-31 09:50:32

Rookie Bunny

1755412315 | from Redmi Note 3

how macha praiz
2019-07-31 09:55:19

Rookie Bunny

Praveen Deva | from Redmi 3S

When will the 8gb 256GB varient be available?
2019-07-31 09:55:37

Rookie Bunny

5222001069 | from Redmi Note 7

Shared this thread
2019-07-31 09:56:29

App Review Team

Chandan Saxena | from Redmi K20 Pro

sometime pubg lags in k20 pro or even force close
2019-07-31 09:57:46