In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[MIUI Review] Feedback Required - Caller ID and Yellow Pages in MIUI 8

2016-08-29 16:11:32
25866 298
Edited by laurelsudeep at 2016-08-29 06:04 PM

Highlights of this thread

1)Caller-ID and Yellow Pages in MIUI 8 explained
2) Google Form to add more relevant business

Caller ID and Yellow Page
Caller-Id has been around for a long time. I fondly remember my childhood days, when we used to make calls using these phones.
Then came digital cordless phone with Calling ID.
This device displayed incoming/outgoing numbers. You might call it first iteration of Caller-ID.

Some of you might recognize this
This was the original caller-id to find any relevant business. You might remember your parents circling numbers which they used regularly. Phone-books were done on pen and paper, hence the jugad.

Fast forward 20 years, phone-books are no longer maintained using pen and paper. No one buys those bulky yellow page book either. We use google to find any relevant business number. But is that enough?
Well guys at Truecaller and Whitepages didn’t think so. Hence they started crowdsourcing data for a better caller id. Truecaller is probably the most common app here in India when it comes to caller id. In USA they have Whitepages, or Hiya(a start-up spun off the parent company). Plus some 100 odd apps which do the same stuff.

The problem with all of the above is that they are based on your saved contacts. Your saved contacts is crowdsourced to everyone else who uses the app. This is all good. But there is a limitation.
What if a Flipkart delivery guy calls you? Will you ever save his number? Most likely No. If you don't save his number, It will never show up on anyone else’s phone using the same caller id app. We believe our implementation of caller id is more useful than what others are doing. It is unique in its own way. If you get a call from say a delivery guy or a cab driver, why not give that unknown number a face and a name.

Hence we worked closely with relevant business. So the next time when you order something from Swiggy, you will see this
or say you order something from Amazon you will see this

Currently we have the integrated the following business from India
We are constantly working to include more relevant business in coming days.

Apart from these we have included more than 100 business customer care numbers. Next time you call any of those business, you can find more info about those business right from the more info page in the dialer.
you can access their Facebook, Twitter, Website. We will be building more features on this page in near future.

We have tried to cover most of the relevant businesses in the first iteration. But we want you guys to send us details of business that you call more often or you call them i.e. both ways (incoming and outgoing). We will include them for you, so that other users can benefit from your inputs. The features we build for you is made better only by your suggestions and inputs.
Click on the google form to add business and their Number. We will find their Facebook/Twitter/Website and add it.

Part 1 - Caller ID for SMS, Action Buttons - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-9545-1-0.html
Part 2 - Caller ID and Yellow Pages in MIUI 8 - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-19485-1-0.html
Part 3 - How to activate Caller ID - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-19469-1-0.html

MIUI 8 Simplify Your Life

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-08-29 16:11:32
Favorites24 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

Gowthi | from app

Well this would be very helpful for every one to identify from. Fraud to important call using this. Thanks
2016-08-30 09:25:19

Semi Pro Bunny

Hemanth11 | from app

Thanks and filling docx as much I can do
2016-08-30 09:42:40

Master Bunny

raahul_21 | from app

I will fill as soon as i get spare time . Coz i will fill as much as possible
2016-08-30 09:53:03
Thankyou For Giving Us This Information This is Very Helpful to All Of Us
2016-08-30 09:58:16
Gaurav Basetia
very good app, we can easily identify online seller..   
2016-08-30 10:09:32

Advanced Bunny

1608975480 | from app

Thanks for sharing
2016-08-30 10:16:46
Thanks for information but i its not working for me in miui 8 last day i got courier from amazon
2016-08-30 10:18:05
Accurate and impressive
2016-08-30 10:19:56
i  have a concern that like other phones even after saving the picture the incoming and outgoing call doesn't show it in full screen. rather than that the pic is in a bubble. It would be amazing if there is a update regarding choosing between the two options of full screen or bubble view.
2016-08-30 10:20:39

Pro Bunny

Subhankar Saha | from app

It's a awesome feature, Definitely this would be very helpful for every one..
2016-08-30 10:28:25