In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Max 2

[Q&A] Not Able To Block SMS From Particular Senders (MIUI 10)

2019-09-09 13:49:46
484 5
First Of all let me tell you that this issue is not Phone specific. It is happening with all MIUI devices.My Device is running on MIUI Global 10.3.3 Stable version.I'm not able to block SMS from particular senders. Like below screenshot :

If I tap on Red Circled area (upper pic)...Just nothing happening. And If I try adding keywords in SMS Block list from security(below pic), it is not working either. SMS landing continuously.

Only able to block SMS from senders which are showing with double line And none of single line showing senders respoding anything on tapping. If I tap on the sender (showing double line) the next page is opening from where I can easily block .like below :

In other phone like Huawei I'm able to block SMS from these senders easily. They are providing 3 dot menu on upper right side corner on every SMS from where I can block the sender. Someone please help me out....... It is anoying & frustrating and it is happening from long ago...updates are not helping either.
2019-09-09 13:49:46
Favorites2 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

sTy | from Redmi 6 Pro

Facing same problem...
But solution not available in Miui rom at present..
2019-09-09 14:12:35
sTy replied at 2019-09-09 23:42:35
Facing same problem...
But solution not available in Miui rom at present..

How come none of the devs found out the issue ? Am I the first person reporting it or they just ignored the issue ? Lets see how this forum works.... counting time for solution. Hope the fix will arrive soon.
2019-09-09 16:47:08

Semi Pro Bunny

5217019872 | from Redmi Note 7

yes Xiaomi team has no proper solution for this. One more thing to note that when you manually add with prefix you are not allowed to enter alphabets of SMS  header. I have Lenove phone has no such incompetency.

2019-09-10 02:07:11

Advanced Bunny

1604657005 | from MI MAX 2

10.3.3 kab mila?  
2019-09-11 15:11:04

Rookie Bunny

Pradip Kumar Mondal Author | from MI MAX 2

which door should I knock to resolve the issue !!  ?  
Anyone got any idea ?  It's so much disturbing that if devs are not able to fix this issue rather I have to ditch the phone and will never buy a Xiaomi phone.
2019-10-02 05:08:58