In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[News] Frame Rate: What is it? How It works? Its Important!

2019-10-02 14:22:49
17981 138

Hello Mi Fans!

Today I am gonna tell you guys about an amazing topic for all the videographers, Gamers, Film-Makers about Frame Rate it's working? how it depends on our System Hardware? , etc. Well, we all know a little bit about this topic but let's dive deep into it and let's know how it is important in our life.

What Is Frame Rate?

A Video is a series of still images that when viewed in order at a certain speed, give the appearance of motion to the pictures. In simple terms when we take pictures we can able to click 10/20/30 pictures in burst mode. Clicking a scene in a burst more and collect those pictures and play them in an interval of 1 second then that we can able to see it in motion, this is called motion pictures.

if we add 10/20/30 or up to many images in a second is called Frame rate Per Second (FPS). Each image represents a frame in Video, so if a video is captured and played back at 24 FPS, that means each second of the video shows 24 distinct still images.

Does Frame Rate Really Matter?
Frame rate greatly impacts the style and viewing experience of a video that is viewed or broadcasting. Different frame rates make a big difference in viewing experiences, choosing a frame rate means choosing how realistic a video has to look, or making videos for slow-motion at different frame rates.

For example, movies are usually displayed at 24 FPS, since this frame rate is closer 29.8 FPS at which we all see the world, and creates a very cinematic look.

The video that’s broadcast live or video with a lot of motion, such as a sporting event or Video Gamer Live Streaming, will often have a higher frame rate, as there’s a lot of happening on screen and higher frame rates Deliver Smooth Motion with crisp details in a Video.

Frame Rates are different for every game and other apps, it is different fro smartphones and PCs. In smartphone, it is normally given 24 - 30, but when it comes to games its all depend on game graphics and its setting such as Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Draw Distance/Field of View, Lighting/Shadows, Resolution & Texture Detail/Quality. In some of the games it is already been set and in some games, a user can set this thing according to its requirements.

Does Ram Affect Frame Rates?

During playing gameplay, browsing, using apps some temporary files are generated to process apps, games & browsing tasks, so these temporary files need to be frequently stored. The RAM (Random Access Memory) serves as a storage device for such files where they can be retrieved much faster compared to Storage Drives.

If memory files are stored and read on Storage hard drives this will eventually slow down the system which will affect Frame Rates. In Smartphone Users don't get the liberty to upgrade system hardware for better frame rate, they can only change system Software Updates which given by the manufacturer. In comparison to that PC users can able to Change Hardware as well as Software according to their Requirements.

How Does Frame Rate work?

Higher FPS doesn't mean slower footage, time passes at the speed time passes. However to shoot a Slow motion video, shoot with a higher frame rate or else the camera will not be able to record enough data for it to look good when it slows down.

Slow-motion stuff is shot at high frame rates but it still records at a normal speed. But then, in editing, the footage is normalized to the frame rate of the rest of the video, like 24 or 30 fps. If the footage is shot at 300 fps and normalized to 30 fps, Video will be seen at 10% of its original speed. Specialized cameras can shoot thousands of frames per second.

In video games, higher fps doesn't mean faster either. A second is still one second. However, more frames per second show in 60 FPS than in 30 FPS so the movement appears smoother and crisp.

How To Increase Frame Rates?
In term Smart Phones, If you are using it for gaming then you can do below Mention things to increase frame rates.
• Clear Cache
• Uninstall Unwanted Apps
• Update your Device Regularly
• Turn Off Background Services
• Turn off Unnecessary System Animations
• Use Gaming Performance Boost

Well from Above mention things Xiaomi is already giving Gaming booster which acts as Clear Cache while gaming, Boost Performance and Stops Un-necessary Background data. I am saying this on my personal experience

Conclusion:- Well Guys choose your device according to your preference. Use your Device for Multi-tasking can put a load on your Device for that use High Processor and Maximum Ram for it. Personally, For Gaming, Editing Photo & Videos, Graphic Design, and sometimes voice editor, I have to use many apps and for that, I prefer more ram (Mine 8 GB) and high end performing processor (Mine 845).

Source:- 1, 2

Guys tell us in comment section if you guys know more about Frame Rate or FPS so every body on our Community know about it. If you want to know something about any tech gadget or have any tech related queries you can always comment below we Techie Team on Mi Community always willing to help you guys. Follow our Team Channels so that you guys can always be unto-date with latest Tech Juice.

" Thank you "

Be The First To Get Informed About Every Tech News: Follow us On

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-10-02 14:22:49
Favorites87 RateRate

Photography Team

Arit | from Redmi Note 3

Nice. Helpful
2019-10-02 16:49:22

Techie Team

BHARATKUMAR BHAGAT | from Redmi 7

informative thread
2019-10-02 21:28:34

MIUI Support Team

kbsarfaraz | from Redmi K20 Pro

nice information
2019-10-02 22:18:19
Sarfaraz
MiUi Support Team

Pro Bunny

KRISHNASAGAR R | from app

Nice article
2019-10-02 22:46:06

Pro Bunny

Yash keshari | from Redmi Note 4

nice information , thanks.
2019-10-02 23:18:18
RAM has less influence. It's mostly the GPU and the CPU. Higher ram doesn't mean better fps. And "catch" is spelled cache. Uninstalling unwanted apps doesn't change much either. Making sure most of the unwanted background apps aren't running is probably much more significant. I have a lot more to say but I don't see the point. I suggest doing a bit more research before posting though.
2019-10-03 00:28:08

Semi Pro Bunny

raeezm | from Redmi Note 3

Nice info
2019-10-03 00:36:52

Master Bunny

Vidhu Bhushan | from Redmi 4A

Nice. Thanks.
2019-10-03 00:52:26

Advanced Bunny

5166347257 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

thanks for share
2019-10-03 00:58:30

Techie Team

Viken Author | from Redmi Note 7

Eric Johnson
RAM has less influence. It's mostly the GPU and the CPU. Higher ram doesn't mean better fps. And "catch" is spelled cache. Uninstalling unwanted apps doesn't change much either. Making sure most of the unwanted background apps aren't running is probably much more significant. I have a lot more to say but I don't see the point. I suggest doing a bit more research before posting though.

well, Ram, Processor, Screen type & Motherboard this is the main thing in which FPS is dependent on a Computer but in a Smartphone instead of a motherboard, it depends on UI and the other things. But clearing catch after a while will help Ram to store new temporary files, which eventually reduces the load on Ram. You are right higher Ram doesn't mean better FPS but RAM has its 1/3 part for better FPS result. By uninstall, unwanted apps mean if you are using your device for gaming then only use it for gaming meaning uninstalling all the other app which work in the background ( WhatsApp, Instagram and other apps) . well I will tell you that only by Turing off notifications of all the apps this will give you a different of 7 - 9 FPS difference.
Thank you for Commenting, I like your passion. Please always comment like this on our every thread, we like to interact with you guys.
2019-10-03 01:13:00