Hello Mi Fans,
Redmi Note 3 is definitely one of those devices which even after such a long time after launch, has still a good and strong custom ROM development scenario. New and updated ROMs are regularly being released for our Kenzo, thanks to the hardworking and committed Custom ROM developers. In today's Custom ROM class thread, I'm here to share with you guys one of my favorite as well as one of the most stable Android Pie based ROM for Kenzo, AOSP Extended (AEX).
AOSP Extended is an Android Open Source Package based ROM that provides stock UI/UX experience along with many useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience, at the same time comes with a lot of interesting customization and features. AEX 6.7 is currently the latest official AEX release for Kenzo.
Your Warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-Cards,
thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
You are choosing to make these modifications on your device
and if you point a finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
1. Unlocked Bootloader(How to unlock bootloader)
2. Custom Recovery installed - Download OrangeFox TWRP (recommended) from here.
3. Install the OrangeFox Recovery by following the steps mentioned here.
4. Download AEX 6.7 for Kenzo from here.
5. Download GApps zip from here.
6. Please backup entire data from the phone before proceeding.
⏩How to Flash
1. Power off your device. After powering off, boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power and Volume Up buttons together.
2. Go to Wipe - Advanced Wipe, from there check Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage and Cache. Then Swipe to Wipe
3. Then again go to Wipe, tap Format Data and type yes (You can't skip if you are currently switching from MIUI due to new encryption system. Your internal memory will be formatted so don't forget to do a backup.)
4. Now choose the ROM zip file from OrangeFox home and swipe to confirm flash.
5. Flash the downloaded Gapps zip file.
6. Then Wipe Cache and Dalvik.
7. Reboot to system.
Note: First Boot may take up to 10-15 minutes.
Now let's take a closer look at the various parts of the ROM.
Lockscreen & Home Screen
The ROM comes with Pixel Launcher pre-installed along with the pixel icon pack, which in turn gives a clean & pleasing Home screen and App drawer.
Notifications & Status Bar
Navigation Bar & Gestures
Recent Apps tray UI & other general tweaks
Hardware / Physical Buttons Customisation
Other AEX Features & Tweaks
Software Version & System updates
A quick review of the ROM & comparison with MIUI
If you ask me more about this ROM, then I'd definitely say that this is one of the smoothest and most stable ROMs currently available for Kenzo. I've been using this ROM on my Redmi Note 3 and haven't faced any major issues. The performance is really great and at the same time, it also gives a really good battery life. If we take a look at MIUI, we know that Redmi Note 3 is running on MIUI 10 based on Android Marshmallow. MIUI has it's usual share of advantages in the form of features like Second Space, Dual apps, In-Built App Locker; which is very useful & I personally miss a lot of custom ROMs as 3rd party ones are not as good as the in-built app locker of MIUI and Inbuilt call recorder, etc. It also comes with a bunch of useful system apps like the MIUI Security app, Inbuilt Compass App and Scanner. But considering the older MIUI and Android version, it definitely makes sense to switch to a newer ROM. The AEX also comes with camera2api support and hence you can also use your favorite Google Camera app.
ROM Version: 6.7 Official
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 [Kenzo]
Android Version: 9.0 Pie
Source Code: https://www.github.com/AospExtended, https://github.com/AmolAmrit
Maintainer: Amol Amrit
Build Status: Official
Telegram Group: https://telegram.me/aospextendedgroup
That's it for today friends. Hope to see you again soon with a new thread.
Subscribe to our columns to Stay updated with interesting Debates, Polls, Tutorial and more from Device Team:
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .