Mi.com | APP Download | About Mi Community | Privacy Policy |
India
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[Discussion] Advantage and Disadvantages of HYBRID SIM SLOT

2017-05-07 09:47:15
7261 39
A hybrid SIM Card Slot provides a slot where you can put two SIM cards or a SIM card   a Micro SD card at the same time. If you wish, you can have two SIM cards in the hybrid card slot. Or if you are happy with just one SIM, you can use the remaining space on the slot to place a Micro SD card and expand storage capacity. So basically, with the hybrid SIM card slot, you can either use your phone as a Dual SIM smartphone or you can expand the storage capacity by replacing one of the SIMs with a micro SD card.

Hybrid SIM Card SlotNano SIM   Nano SIM / microSD cardMicro SIM   Nano SIM / microSD cardA mini SIM is 25mm x 15mm in dimension. A Micro SIM is smaller than a Mini SIM, measuring 15mm x 12mm. The Nano SIM is the smallest of the three, measuring just 12.3mm x 8.3mm. Micro SIM is the most common. Nano SIM slot is found in most of the latest smartphones.

Hybrid SIM Card Slot: Advantages
One fundamental advantage with having a hybrid SIM Card slot is that it saves space. As smartphone brands are vying for the coveted “slimmest” phone title, space occupied by card slots becomes extremely important. For the smartphone manufacturers, providing a hybrid SIM card slot is a great advantage. But there’s nothing much in this for users, since it provides no additional functionality.

Hybrid SIM Card Slot: Disadvantages
Having a hybrid SIM card slot may look great at first, but a closer look reveals the inherent disadvantage – you can either use the slot as SIM   SIM or as SIM   Micro SD. If you wish to have two SIMs and still want to expand storage capacity using a Micro SD, it’s not possible. You have to be happy with either a Dual SIM smartphone or an expanded storage capacity with a single SIM.
To put it all together, a hybrid SIM card slot is good for manufacturers but not for users, since it restricts the functionality to some extent. The manufacturers have figured out a way to make the smartphone slimmer by saving on space with the hybrid card slot but users now have to make a conscious decision between choosing Dual SIM smartphone functionality and a Single SIM with expanded storage functionality. Tough choice? Let us know what you think about the hybrid SIM card in the comments section!
2017-05-07 09:47:15
Favorites6 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Rajesh_chauhan | from Redmi 3S

May be we need some slots in mobile
2017-05-07 10:02:54

Pro Bunny

Girish km | from Redmi 3S

It is better if one more slot would be available for memory card or manufacturers should provide more space in hardware
2017-05-07 10:08:10

Pro Bunny

Nrattan76 Author | from Redmi 3S

ya . in india we always need more
2017-05-07 10:17:15

Advanced Bunny

Ashish kumar | from Redmi Note 4

It's better for me you guys what think  you know but it's better for me....
2017-05-07 10:29:51

Semi Pro Bunny

Deepak Jhota | from Redmi Note 4

it is possible to use 2 sims and the memory card with a simple hack. i have done it on tens of mi mobiles. i takes 10 mins to do the hack. so your statement is wrong.
you can use both sims and memory card together.
2017-05-07 10:30:14

Pro Bunny

Mritunjoy Sen | from Redmi Note 4

now I could not use memory card anymore
coz other slot is occupied by jio already  
2017-05-07 10:32:49

Semi Pro Bunny

Kaushal89 | from Redmi Note 4

pls provide extra memory card slot
2017-05-07 10:45:09

Read Only

Rashid kamaal | from Redmi Note 4

Nice information and the details
2017-05-07 10:59:44

Semi Pro Bunny

1607992173 | from Redmi 3S

Already other mobile companies providing 2 nano Sims with memory card in single slot
2017-05-07 11:32:28

Semi Pro Bunny

HerryTech | from Redmi 3S

I hate this
2017-05-07 11:32:43