In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-Topic] Mi And You #BetterTogether: Gearing up for the Big Day, My Journey to Xiaomi HQ in Beijing!

2020-01-07 07:04:46
11295 121

Check out the latest updates of my journey down in the thread

Hello Everyone!!
I hope you all had a great new year eve and made a good start for 2020, but for some of us, it is going to start from 9th January 2020. Want to know why? Because it is about the grand reunion of Mi Fans around the globe in China, with days passing we were revealed to the surprises and schedule of the trip which made the waiting harder for us, here I take you all through the schedule and fun that is planned by the Xiaomi Team for all of us in this trip.

1. Visit the all-new Xiaomi HQ in Beijing
We are going to reach Beijing by 8th Jan 2020, as all of us start from different places and timezones the day is planned for grand receiving of the Mi Fans landing in China. The very next day on 9th Jan 2020 the adventure is going to be turned on and the first place we are going to step is Xiaomi HQ.

(Xiaomi HQ image reference)

I'm very much looking forward to this, as it may have a chance to meet many great people behind the beloved brand and collect all the moments with them, a dream of many is going to be fulfilled to me through this.

2. A visit to the Forbidden City
China is one of the oldest civilizations in the world and the very unique Art and Culture, all of these are hidden in the Historical places of China to which we are going to visit and collect many photos of course

(An Image of Forbidden City)
3. The Great Wall of China
The most adventurous part of the trip may be this to the one of the longest man-made construction and one of the World Wonders, never thought of this going to have happened for me, finally, it is being fulfilled by the Xiaomi team. I'm very excited about this trip.

(An image of the great wall of China)

No reunion is completed without a delicious lunch or dinner with everyone, Xiaomi team has planned a great dinner for us that includes many tasty Chinese foods (will update the real images after trying it out)

With all this information how would the travel spend his days? Yes exactly very much excited and breaking head for what to pack and what not to pack, I had started packing my luggage a day before my journey to avoid last-minute rush and not miss anything which I wanted to pack.

January 7th, 05:00 PM (IST):
A very fun thing that happened is I started packing with a cabin suitcase and a backpack for laptop and other required electronics, guess what happened?

From the cabin suitcase to my luggage changed to the check-in size trolley with all the clothes and required things, packing is never easy for such a first-time experience . For all these to have happened the main thing was obtaining the visa, I was fortunate enough to get my visa approved without any glitches.

By the time I was posting this thread I had already started the journey from Visakhapatnam to Delhi and waiting in the International departures in the lobby in the airport going to start the long journey to Beijing in few hours.

January 8th, 8:00 AM (Beijing Time)
After an overnight flight finally landed in Shangai and boarded the Beijing flight, the climate is too cold the warm clothes did very good help from the cold outside. Its breakfast time and I have the first Chinese made breakfast which is so delicious early in the morning for the starving soul, have a look at it.

(I'm definitely more excited about the next meal )

January 8th, 9:00 AM (Beijing Time):
With many small power naps in the flight finally, the time has arrived we were about to land in Beijing Airport in a few minutes.

(Flight tracking provided by the Airline in the display)

January 8th, 10:00 AM (Beijing Time)
Arrived at the Beijing Airport by 9:30 AM and collected the baggage by 10:00 AM and now my main thing is to find the Xiaomi team waiting for us at the exit who will drop us at the hotel we are going to stay for this trip. But it wasn't that tough thing to find the team waiting for us, guess why? find out from the below image.

(A warm welcome by the Xiaomi Staff)

They were so humble and very good, he took me around the airport to show the facilities there and attractions at the airport, after which we met more Mi Fans joining the journey and started to the hotel in a car.

Over and out! I will keep sharing updates on my journey in this thread, do come back!

Siva Abhi
SMOD - Mi Community India

Previous Threads of the journey!

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-01-07 07:04:46
Favorites72 RateRate

Pro Bunny

NAS1405 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Have an awesome journey sir
2020-01-07 07:38:39