In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi K20

[Review&Unboxing] Redmi K20: The Unbeatable Beast

2020-01-14 11:49:13
12328 178
Hi Mi Fans,

Expand your horizon with the unbeatable beast - The Redmi K20. I have been using this device for quite some time now and I am in really love with it. The amazing flame design, a bezel-less full view display with a pop camera having a beautiful LED setup, a powerful processor delivering a smooth gaming experience is awesome. The rear and popup cameras are equally amazing. The high-capacity battery and 18W fast charging support make it great. Redmi K20 is, undoubtedly, hard to find a feature-packed smartphone in this price range. Scroll down to read an in-depth review of Redmi K20.

Design

The most fascinating part of this smartphone is its all-new Aura Prime design. The Redmi K20 series brings a completely new design with a stunning 3D gradient back, a triple rear camera setup coupled with dual-LED flash in the middle. The curved edges make the device easier to hold and give a premium in-hand feel. It comes with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5 protection that beautifully merges with the frame. The holographic ring around the camera and the iconic red-colored power button, especially on the Glacier Blue and the Carbon Black variant looks so attractive.

Display

The Redmi K20 features a Super AMOLED 6.39’’ FHD+ display with a 91.9% screen to body ratio. The notch-less display of this smartphone is very handy while using the device in landscape mode. The outdoor visibility is perfect and you won't find any issues in using the device under sunlight. Also, it has a dark mode and TUV certified reading mode to prevent your eyes from strain while using it in low light conditions. For the first time in the Redmi series, we got an under-display fingerprint sensor and Always-On display which is my favorite feature.

Performance

Powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 730 SoC, this device delivers excellent performance. Till now I haven’t experienced any lag while gaming. It has an octa-core CPU coupled with 6GB RAM, which is great for multi-tasking.

Camera

The Redmi K20 has the same camera setup which is in the flagship killer 2.0, the only difference is of the camera sensor used. The images shot on this device are awesome and detailed. The edge detection on portrait mode works perfectly. Macro shots are also spectacular. The dedicated night mode is great for taking pictures in low light conditions.

The impressive part of the Redmi K20 is the popup camera. Every time you take a selfie, you get to see the beautiful LED glowing around the corners of the popup camera. The 20 MP front camera gives impressive selfies retaining the details. You can even record 4K videos with the support of EIS.  
If you are fond of taking selfies then you would have surely liked the mechanical pop-up camera. It has a beautiful LED that glows when the camera pops in or out. It also serves as a notification LED, which is missing even in most of the flagships today. Personally, I like this unique feature the most.

Battery

Redmi K20 is powered by a massive 4000 mAh battery which is enough for one day uses. Even your smartphone will be left with some juice at the end of the day. It also supports fast charging (18W fast charger included in the box). There are no issues with the battery backup, all thanks to MIUI optimization.

Quality features

Being such a powerful device the Redmi K20 retains all the basic features. It has maintained its 191 grams. It has a basic headphone jack which most of the smartphones are missing nowadays. For protection, Redmi K20 has Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5 on both display and back panel. You need not worry if you have a bad habit of dropping your smartphone like me. It also has a P2i coating that protects your device from accidental liquid spills.

Final Verdict
Redmi K20 is a complete feature-packed smartphone that delivers top-notch performance, has a great camera. Some new design changes like the beautiful Aura Prime design, AMOLED display, under-display fingerprint scanner, and the popup camera which adds to the beauty of the device. Overall, my honest opinion is that Redmi K20 is worth buying the device in its price segment.
2020-01-14 11:49:13
Favorites97 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

w@akram | from Redmi K20

best ever phone...
2020-01-14 12:16:48

Master Bunny

drrishi | from app

I m nt using it, bt still its rich
2020-01-14 12:25:49

Master Bunny

Nitesh Varotariya | from Redmi Note 3