In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Contests

YouAndMIUI
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Announcement] [#YouAndMIUI - Vol 11] One-Handed Mode | Cut it short and reach further, ever used this?

2020-02-09 04:56:20
42288 172

Dear MIUIers!
There were times when smartphones generally used to ship with smaller displays and because of a smaller footprint, it was easier for everyone to reach out every corner single-handed. This, however, isn't the same anymore as we now have larger displays with notches, punch holes and wonder whatnot. I would never consider this a bad thing because the technology is simply better and more reliable but there are certain situations where we find a larger screen difficult to operate on until the "One-Handed Mode" enters the room. This feature has been introduced long back and it's still a reliable option to stumble upon.

You might think what's so interesting about the "One-Handed Mode"? To be honest, nothing is interesting in it but it still holds a place and every avid android user has appreciated it times and again.

Activity This Week | One-Handed Mode

The old and faithful lasts forever and for the forever lasting feature, let us dedicate this week as a tribute to the reliable one in the house. Tell us how helpful this feature has been throughout and how it has helped you in different situations. You can even write a thank you letter to the 'Old and Faithful' acknowledging the companionship you had for years.

Example Reply:

Winners Selection:
  • Every valid reply will be awarded 100 Community points.
  • The best three replies will be rewarded with 1000 Community points
  • Winners will be judged by the Admin, MIUI Moderators & Super Moderators of Mi Community

Timeline:
  • From today onwards till 20th Feb 2020, 11:59 PM (IST)
  • We will post the winners' names in the next volume so stay tuned!

Winners from Volume 10 of #YouAndMIUI:

Congratulations everyone! We have already processed 1000 Community points to the above users. Also, every valid responder has been rewarded with 100 Community points.

How do I cross-check if I got the points?
  • Open Mi Community App
  • Tap on the top right bell icon
  • Once in, tap on Notifications tab
  • Now tap on 'Mi Community Official' tab and see it for yourself
  • [Click Here For Detailed Guide]

Previous Volumes:

About #YouAndMIUI:
A magnificent series brought to you by the passionate MIUI fans like you. A fun activity every week aimed at the new MIUIers throwing light on MIUI features for everyone!

Special thanks to Admin R0user, my co-mods MiAkash, and lungkhim7 for inspiration and support.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-09 04:56:20
Favorites96 RateRate
YouAndMIUI
A fun activity every week aimed at the new MIUIers throwing light on MIUI features for everyone!
15 Article Description     21 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Semi Pro Bunny

krusader | from Redmi Y2

I often listen to songs single handed and this where the one handed mode comes in handy .   I simply grab my device and use the quick ball to fit the screen to just four inches and believe me it works like charm.
Now it will be quite relaxing for me to listen music without any disturbances.
2020-02-14 07:35:44

Pro Bunny

Sameer Kharate | from Redmi Note 7S

well done Xiaomi keep it up
2020-02-14 07:40:28

Pro Bunny

Swagato Bag | from Redmi Note 7

it's useless for those who use gestures not navigation button
2020-02-14 07:53:38

Advanced Bunny

Deeppagla96 | from app

bakwass phn hai.. c3 best hai
2020-02-14 08:45:30

Master Bunny

Techster77 | from Redmi Y2

Best feature for me because I often use my device sleeping one side so that I can't control my display with my one hand so I had to use one handed mode option for easy access. Thank you
2020-02-14 09:56:45

Master Bunny

iamvenkatrv | from app

one handed mode while travel
2020-02-14 09:57:58
signing off
IamVenkatRV
handy nifty feature esp with screen sizes being 6+ inches
2020-02-14 10:23:17

Master Bunny

Ashutoshj | from app

AWESOME feature for me its very usefull . It helps to access many important options. when you are use smartphone by single hand!
so its very important and usefull feature!
2020-02-14 10:54:21
Ashu</strong>

Master Bunny

SuHaNi ChAuHaN | from Redmi 4

one handed mode its very useful for me because 😂😂😂Im lazy so easy to one handed mode n my work is no diffulties ...😎😎thanku so much 😎
2020-02-14 11:02:26

Master Bunny

Kunj Deshwal | from Redmi Y1

I most prefer single handed mode
2020-02-14 12:40:55