In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Contests

[] [TechQuest - Vol 14] 2-in-1 SIM Slot or Hybrid SIM Slot? What's Your Choice? Reply To Win!

2020-02-16 02:03:28
16044 393

Hello Mi Fans!

I'm back with #TechQuest with another interesting topic in hand. You read that title right, it's about the 2+1 SIM slot or Hybrid SIM Slot, which one is your favorite? Seamlessly everyone including me will put our hands up for 2+1 SIM, but would everyone agree to the same opinion? Let's find out. But before the debate starts, let me give a quick introduction to those who are not aware of the 2+1 SIM slot and Hybrid SIM slot.

2+1 SIM slot which is also known as a 2-in-1 slot or dedicated SD card slot is a sim tray where you can use two SIMS along with a dedicated micro SD card for extra storage where you can put in your external memory card to expand your device’s storage at the same time.

On the other hand, a Hybrid SIM slot being used by many mobile makers around the world in the new flagship smartphones. Instead of providing 3 separate slots (2 for SIM’s and 1 for Memory Card), the makers now provide only two slots. Out of these 2 slots, 1 slot is used for SIM while the second slot is used as either SIM or micro SD Card. In short, a user has two options for the second slot (depending on the usage).
Now, let's enter the debate section:

#TechQuest question for today

2-In-1 SIM slot or Hybrid SIM slot: which one do you prefer for your smartphone?
Tell us your opinion, explain why and win!

Prizes
Every valid replay will get 100 credits and the top 3 interesting replies will get 1000 credits!! So, try to be creative while replying to have a better chance of winning 1000 credits!!! Common guys, show us what you got! Kill the reply section!

About #TechQuest
TechQuest is an initiative by Techie Team of Mi Community that is focused to have a deeper engagement with all our Mi Fans out there. This series is here to boost up your technical information in an interactive yet

Want more threads? Follow us:

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-16 02:03:28
Favorites69 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

5242503092 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

I will choose 2-in-1sim slot because we can put 2 sim,1 memory card  in while hybrid we have a choice that we need 2 sim or 1 sim 1 memory card.. suppose our phone has accidentally broken and cannot able to repair  and we forget the Google password . so , we can get some of our important data from memory card if we have 2-in-1 slot and also we can use 2 sim in mobile if the internet of one sim has finished than we can use the internet of the other sim if we have the same slot...
2020-03-06 05:18:55

Master Bunny

iamvenkatrv | from app

It depends ,
I am using POCO with 256GB internal storage so i never faced storage issue and I'm using the Hybrid slot for sim , if i had 64GB variant i definitely need an extra slot dedicated to memory then 2+1 is very much useful .
But it would be more helpful if we have 2+1 for different purposes mainly to take backup to secondary memory it will help .
2020-03-14 01:16:43
signing off
IamVenkatRV
Definitely 2+1 Sim slot is what I would prefer.
2020-03-23 02:49:15

Master Bunny

VINOD JAWARE | from app

I will choose 2-in-1sim slot
because we can put 2 sim,1 memory card  in while hybrid we have a choice that we need 2 sim or 1 sim 1 memory card.. suppose our phone has accidentally broken and cannot able to repair  and we forget the Google password . so , we can get some of our important data from memory card if we have 2-in-1 slot and also we can use 2 sim in mobile if the internet of one sim has finished than we can use the internet of the other sim if we have the same slot..
2020-03-23 02:49:22

App Review Team

JayUser | from app

2+1 any day. These days video size is getting better & larger. So I will always like to have extra memory up on sleeve.
2020-03-23 02:51:55

Pro Bunny

Swagato Bag | from Redmi Note 7

Definately Hybride slot... Because of current TRAI act you need to do 49 recharge per month..
2020-03-23 02:59:21

Pro Bunny

just_aki | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

will go for 2 in 1... 2sim + 1memory card
2020-03-23 03:05:45

Master Bunny

shanef4u | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

A 2+1 sim slot is most important as majority of the ppl wud not ba able to go in for the higher internal memory options, although that's something which will ensure lightning speeds across all apps and daily fone usage. We would still recommend having a 2+1 sim slot option for all fones in the ≤128GB memory bracket.
India is a budget fone manufacturers dream market and such options need to be made available for those on a budget, where yu can upgrade with a memory card if needed...
What are your thoughts on the matter?
Let us know in the comments below
2020-03-23 03:08:50

MIUI Support Team

kbsarfaraz | from Redmi K20 Pro

always 2 in 1 is better but what we're getting at current scenarios, can't effort 2 sims to be activated always and internal storage if 64 gb is minimum then no need for sd card. so I can go with single sim only
2020-03-23 03:09:08
Sarfaraz
MiUi Support Team

Master Bunny

Vikas2912 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

definitely 2+1 sim slot is required in today's life..we need more space to store movies songs so memory card is also essential parts of phone coz phone have limite space
2020-03-23 03:14:13