In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Contests

YouAndMIUI
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Announcement] [#YouAndMIUI - Vol 12] Full Screen Gestures | Who does it better than MIUI? Discuss & WIN

2020-02-21 00:31:29
35161 150

Monday again? Argh!
Before 2007, nobody believed that touch would be an independent control mechanism for the whole smartphone, technology has progressed a lot since then. Starting with tactile physical buttons, on-screen navigation buttons to immersive modern gestures that just feels natural extension. The evolution has added a whole lot to the user experience and it's hard to switch back to the old system.

One such progression, Full-Screen Gestures were first introduced to the tech world 4-5 years back. This cuts down a lot of clutter from the interface and makes maneuvering a lot easier. MIUI, when it comes to full-screen gestures, has the perfect navigation system for Android, one of the best in the industry in fact (stock Android has still got a lot to catch up).

This Week's Activity | Full-Screen Gestures

We have been playing in kind of a monopoly and that's no fun. Thus, let us call in every face of Full-Screen Gestures from every corner of the tech industry and experience the beauty of it. All you have to do is tell us which face of this feature in particular best suits your everyday life. Also, tell us the reason behind your personal preference towards a specific flavor. With that being said, let's get started.

If you are on MIUI, how do I make use of it?

• Head on to 'Settings'
  • Scroll down and tap on 'Additional Settings'
  • Navigate to 'Full-Screen Display'

• Once in, tap on 'Full-Screen Gestures' to enable it
  • Swipe Up from the screen to go to the home screen
  • Swipe Up from the screen and pause to open recents
  • Swipe Left/Right from the edge of the screen to go back
  • Swipe Left/Right from the edge of the screen in the top area to trigger app's action
  • Swipe Left/Right from the edge of the screen and hold for a while to switch to previous/next app

How to participate?
  • Try using the 'Full-Screen Gestures' on MIUI (or any other UI)
  • Compare it with its competitors/counterparts (including MIUI if you are using another smartphone)
  • Tell us which one suits your needs the best and why
  • If you find MIUI's offering not up to the mark, do mention the reasons
  • Please make sure to reply present your perspective with valid points

Winners Selection:
  • Every valid reply will be awarded 100 Community points
  • The best three replies will be rewarded with 1000 Community points
  • Winners will be judged by the Admin, MIUI Moderators & Super Moderators of Mi Community

Timeline:
  • From today onwards till 1st March 2020, 11:59 PM (IST)
  • We will post the winner's names in the next episode so stay tuned!

Winners from Volume 11 of #YouAndMIUI:

Congratulations everyone! We have already processed 1000 Community points to the above users. Also, every valid responder has been rewarded with 100 Community points.

How do I cross-check if I got the points?
  • Open Mi Community App
  • Tap on the top right bell icon
  • Once in, tap on Notifications tab
  • Now tap on 'Mi Community Official' tab and see it for yourself
  • [Click Here For Detailed Guide]

About #YouAndMIUI:
A magnificent series brought to you by Team MIUI. An initiative to bring out the best of MIUI and push it even further collaborating with Mi Fans powering innovation for all.

Special thanks to Admin R0user, my co-mods MiAkash, biswas_deeptesh, and lungkhim7  for inspiration and support.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-21 00:31:29
Favorites80 RateRate
YouAndMIUI
A fun activity every week aimed at the new MIUIers throwing light on MIUI features for everyone!
15 Article Description     20 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Semi Pro Bunny

Hooda Shab | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

I have used in other brands also but best suits in MIUI and it has great features of previous app or to go to Home screen even many people who are using android phone and they even don't know how to use it that's the great thing which I like . In full screen display many people don't know how to use it and people say that what have done it I am not able to do something . You have put something extra in it than I told them about the full screen display features of MIUI and many people liked it and in our home only 10 MI phones are there . We all use MI handsets.
2020-02-24 07:12:21

Master Bunny

iamvenkatrv | from app

I love MIUI full screen gestures but they aren't as smooth as my iphone gestures , sometimes in-app pop-ups occur switching between two apps in MIUI feels hard or it feels like forceful gesture. But I got a solution for this problem as I recently installed an app called "gesturePlus" by Jawomo , There's a lot of customisable gestures we can use for +35 actions(If anyone want try this one). I think if MIUI officials can customise like in this app then it will be unbeatable in this particular segment. These are just my thoughts. Thank you Guys.
2020-02-24 07:15:16
signing off
IamVenkatRV

Semi Pro Bunny

pr@nj@l | from Redmi Note 4

It always comes in handy because I don't have to reach bottom of the phone to touch buttons, with gestures I can control in halfway the screen.😎😎
2020-02-24 07:28:29

Master Bunny

PRASAD89 | from app

I only follow MIUI gesture .. it's only easy and comfortable for me.  Multitasking and using both applications at once. .. The large display of mobile gives me the option to use it..Also suitable for me.
2020-02-24 07:35:19
G.Prasad.

Master Bunny

1796056365 SSR | from Redmi Note 5

have use full screen gestures in MIUI and i am quiet impress with responses from MIUI.   some apps r best use with navigation buttons but full screen display brings all together different , larger display , something worth trying
2020-02-24 07:51:06

Master Bunny

Techster77 | from Redmi Note 4

I'm owning redmi y2 and I also used oppo a5s I used full screen gestures in both smartphones and I found that miui's gestures were more easy and reliable to use with one hand. Thank you
2020-02-24 09:03:26

Semi Pro Bunny

puttarj | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

my use FULLSCREEN display super
2020-02-24 09:22:58

MIUI Beta Tester

sanyaanuj | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

i m loving the miui gesture  its smooth n finominal to use the best feature is using to single finger to do everything you want to do  best part is back key i m loving it
thnxx Xiaomi for wonderful feature 😍😍😍
2020-02-24 10:37:00

Master Bunny

chakka gupta | from Redmi K20

This type of gusture is introduced in MIUI 10 after that
Google is also bring same gusture in Android 10
I am using this gusture from last 1and half year and I have realme mobile also but it is lag to use
as I mentioned above even Google has copied this type gusture
2020-02-24 11:18:43

Semi Pro Bunny

Ch.Ramana | from app

When I start using full screen difficult to handle
My mobile 1day only but day by day I impressed and existed, suggested to my friends and family members they are very excited after using this feature...
2020-02-24 11:22:42