In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Contests

YouAndMIUI
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Announcement] [#YouAndMIUI - Vol. 15] Your Safety is MIUI's Priority | A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed!

2020-03-15 16:46:39
194627 314

Ahoy Folks!
With the release of MIUI 11, Xiaomi is continuously developing in segregating the MIUI settings for ease of access to its users; developing into a clean and categorized form. The emergency calling feature is such a unique feature that can be very useful for the MiUI users for calling any contact on emergency. So in this thread, we bring you a tutorial about "Emergency SOS settings" in MIUI. These settings bring an additional feature that is generally not very popular with users. So without any more further wasting time let’s begin and learn more about MIUI's Emergency SOS setting in detail.

This Week's Activity | Emergency SOS

Emergency SOS is one of the most important feature of MIUI and you should enable it right away. In case, you are in an emergency, you can rapidly press the power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your closed contacts with your location and call history details.

How do make use of it:
  • Go to Settings
  • Head on to Password and security

• Tap on Emergency SOS and turn it on

• After turn on this, it will ask you at least one emergency contact.
  • Once you have added the contact it gets enabled.

How do I participate?
  • Follow the instructions mentioned above
  • Share the Enabled Screenshot with us.
  • Tell us about your experience while using the feature.
  • Consider being creative and honest while sharing your thoughts

Winners Selection:
  • Every valid reply will be awarded 100 Community points.
  • The best three replies will be rewarded with 1000 Community points
  • Winners will be judged by the Admin, MIUI Moderators & Super Moderators of Mi Community

Timeline:
  • From today onwards till 29th March 2020, 11:59 PM.
  • We will post the winner's names in the next episode so stay tuned!

Winners from Volume 14 of #YouAndMIUI:
As promised, every valid reply has won a 'Holi Hai 2020' medal and 200 community points. Why have we not selected any top 3 responses? Because holi is for everyone and we wanted to see your smiling faces.

How do I cross-check if I got the points?
  • Open Mi Community App
  • Tap on the top right bell icon
  • Once in, tap on Notifications tab
  • Now tap on 'Mi Community Official' tab and see it for yourself
  • Click here for detailed guide

About #YouAndMIUI
A magnificent series brought to you by Team MIUI. An initiative to bring out the best of MIUI and push it even further collaborating with Mi Fans powering innovation for all.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-03-15 16:46:39
Favorites158 RateRate
YouAndMIUI
A fun activity every week aimed at the new MIUIers throwing light on MIUI features for everyone!
15 Article Description     20 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Master Bunny

Dinesen | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

nice
2020-03-23 02:07:59
nice
2020-03-23 02:18:22

Master Bunny

iamvenkatrv | from app

EMERGENCY SOS is a very mandatory feature and everybody should use it.I have activated SOS for my dad's , mom's , sister and me & my brother already had activated it . My dad have some health issues   so i told him to press rapidly on power button if something bad happens when he went out.
Also told my sister the same to press rapidly if she gets into any troubling situation . But she plays with me and my brother a lot , one day she was at her friends home and pressed it we got location went there only to find out the trouble she got into is her friends modem isn't working. It's funny for her but it got us worried , So don't make fun out of all things .
EMERGENCY SOS helps all the people in a lot of problems like met with accident in deserted area , getting trouble in strange places , girls while travelling alone at night etc., Our whole family & friends have activated SOS settings . Please do the same to be safe .

BE SAFE , TAKE PRECAUTIONARY ACTIONS , LIVE GOOD & HAPPY LIFE.
2020-03-23 02:37:38
signing off
IamVenkatRV

Master Bunny

PRASAD89 | from app

In times of emergency SOS:
This is truly an amazing feature ..
This is a very useful feature nowadays.  We can't even imagine who's going to be in the situation right now.
We save our family / friends / relatives / police / hospital whose contact number is our problem and we can get out of it.
It is even more useful for females ..
With a single button and five consecutive taps. Save life..
(Ex: Missing, when accidents happen, it can be used to help the elderly, heart disease, theft, women get home at night, sick people etc ...)
Thanks to Xiaomi for introducing us new features (YouAndMIUI-Vol Series ) every week.
My heartfelt thanks to you, who are eager to know what we do not know.
Please provide your assistance to those at risk.You'll be the one survivor.

2020-03-23 02:43:26
G.Prasad.

Master Bunny

VINOD JAWARE | from app

EMERGENCY SOS is mandatory for every individual in present day we don't know what will happen next hour , we may met with accident ,any other emergency situation . So everybody should use this feature. I have already activated this feature in my mom , dad and Sisters phones .. My dad have some health issues if something happens to him i told him to press power button rapidly so that me , my bro and my mom will get gps text message , same with my sister too. Our whole family & friends had already have activated SOS . Nowadays it's really mandatory to every individual all genders to all age types .... Please use this features it's really helpful.
2020-03-23 02:45:59

Pro Bunny

Swagato Bag | from Redmi Note 7

It's very nice feature for Our loved One that introduce in miui
2020-03-23 02:57:27
VINOD JAWARE replied at 2020-03-23 12:15:59
EMERGENCY SOS is mandatory for every individual in present day we don't know what will happen next hour , we may met with accident ,any other emergency situation . So everybody should use this feature. I have already activated this feature in my mom , dad and Sisters phones .. My dad have some health issues if something happens to him i told him to press power button rapidly so that me , my bro and my mom will get gps text message , same with my sister too. Our whole family & friends had already have activated SOS . Nowadays it's really mandatory to every individual all genders to all age types .... Please use this features it's really helpful.

Don't just copy paste others reply. Please. Okay you have it i i will edit my reply then...✌️
2020-03-23 02:59:59
signing off
IamVenkatRV

Master Bunny

Vikas2912 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

it is very nice feature and it helps in emergency situation..
2020-03-23 03:12:13

MIUI Support Team

kbsarfaraz | from Redmi K20 Pro

a very handy feature from MiUi if anyone in trouble, I suggest to everyone enable this and enjoy your life
2020-03-23 03:12:24
Sarfaraz
MiUi Support Team

Master Bunny

Lucky •°•° | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

The Emergency SOS is nice feature when we are in emergency and it helps us to call quickly and easily rescue and emergency contacts. This feature not has the first aid function when we get sick or hurt only, but also trigger alert by pressing the power button 5 times rapidly when encountering an emergency situation. Rapidly pressing power button can sends emergency message and our location to Emergency SOS Number
2020-03-23 03:14:25