In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 4

[Discussion] [Device team] [Solution] Display goes blank and does not turn on

2017-05-29 07:09:20
4072 12
Hi Mi Fans,

Recently we have got queries regarding what to do if their phone screens going blank and they are unable to use their phone. So today I'll be suggesting some remedies regarding fixing of the same. I can’t guarantee that method will work for sure but it's worth trying before we head towards the service centre.

Possible reasons

1] Issue with display
There might be few reasons due to which the display goes blank and it's unusable. Few possible reasons could be that the display might have been damaged due to water damage or issue with the display may have occurred due to physical drop of the phone. There are various other reasons also, like your phone charging is over and you probably might think that the phone display is damaged. It could be because of some SW related bug's also. At times we have found that 3rd party​ SW causing these issues.

2] Hard brick

Hard brick is state in which your phone screen becomes dead and is unusable. Hard brick mostly occurs if you are trying to root/flash your device. In case you have a hard brick then you need to use a deep flash cable or visit your nearest service center for further information and unbricking your device.

Steps to fix this issue

1] Charging your device
To fix this issue you need to first check if your phone is charged or the battery is down completely. If you know it is charged and still display is blank then use your stock usb cable and keep the phone on charge for some time i.e. around 20 to 30 mins. Later try to reboot it by long pressing the power key. If it get back back to normal then well and good else go to next step.

2] Visiting nearest service center
Even after trying the above method your device is still unusable then the best way is to visit the nearest service center for solution. They will first check the device and then let you know if there is a issue with the display or issue with some hardware. If the device is bricked then they will help you to unbrick the device.

Note: Any physical damage done to the device is not covered under warranty.

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +40 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-05-29 07:09:20
Favorites4 RateRate

Grandmaster Bunny

qamit | from Redmi Note 3

I'm going to share this with My RN4 friends.   
2017-05-29 08:10:34
Thank You..
Regards,
Amit Karmakar.

Read Only

Rashid kamaal | from Redmi Note 4

Nice information and the details
2017-05-30 09:08:40

Advanced Bunny

Ameer Ali | from MI 5

good information
2017-05-31 05:15:18
Great Thread !
2017-05-31 14:52:50
very very useful thread.... thanks for sharing Shreyas Sir
2017-06-11 00:02:39
MI LOVER

Semi Pro Bunny

Devendra Shekhawat | from Redmi 3S

when outside weather is hot my mobile screen colour changes & it turns into greenish type please help me out?
2017-06-11 00:14:47

Master Bunny

akmehta4 | from Redmi Note 4

That means here charging and re booting, else to service centre
2017-06-11 05:18:19
you have to long press power button for 50 to 60 sec and then check your issue is resolved
2018-05-22 05:07:46

Rookie Bunny

sidharth paswan | from Redmi Note 4

I am facing the same issue (phone display blank) and it is due to internally damaged by itself suddenly phone display blanked
2019-12-18 08:07:04

Rookie Bunny

5154359766 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

i hAvE fouNd this bricking issuE oN my NEwly purchAsEd rEdMi NotE 8 pro phoNE . vEry much disAppoiNtEd to kNow dEz sort of issuEs iN rEdMi .
2019-12-19 05:05:16