Hello, MI Fans!
FTP is the abbrevation for File Transfer Protocol. As the name suggests, it is used to transfer and manage files from one host to another over the Internet. It can be used to transfer files from a mobile to a computer or another mobile without the help of a USB cable / Bluetooth. Here your phone will act as the server.
This is not commonly used for file transfer, but suppose you want to transfer some files from your Mi device to your computer but cannot find a USB cable, FTP is an effective way to do it in MIUI so that you need not rely on any third party apps.
How to use FTP?
1) Switch ON Wi-Fi on your phone and connect it to a router or hotspot.
2) Also connect your computer to the same network.
3) Open File Explorer and click on FTP.
4) Click on Start Server and select the storage volume of your mobile that you need to access.
5) Then you will get an FTP address and your server starts running.
6) Now open your computer and enter the FTP address in it. You can also enter the address in a browser's address bar.
7) That's it ! Now you can view the files present in your mobile on your computer screen.
You can now transfer files to the computer,edit them and even delete them.
By the same way, you can transfer files to another mobile. In such a case, type the ftp address in the mobile browser's address bar.
How to make your FTP server secured ?
1) Select Settings option from the FTP window and Disable 'Anonymous sign-in' option.
2) Click on Sign-in option and give a username and password for your server.(The password should contain only letters and digits with 4-16 characters)
3) Now whenever someone joins the FTP server, they require the username and password for logging in.
Hope you all liked the FTP feature.if you have any doubts you can ask in the comments, I will try to answer them
Special thanks to Paramgagan bhai.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .