In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

Tech With Furqaan
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Other] [Tech With Furqaan Ep.8] WiFi Repeaters: Extend Limits Of Your WiFi!

2017-06-17 05:00:24
67050 304

Hey
Mi Fans,

How are you doing? This is Furqaan back with another episode of Tech With Furqaan Series! The Last episode was about Smart Watches and it's good to see such an amazing responses from you all! So yeah, today's topic is WiFi Repeaters. I will be sharing the tech behind WiFi Repeaters and why it's actually used! Hope you are excited to know more about the same!!!

WiFi Repeater! From the name, it states that repeats your WiFi signal. That's what is its actual use! Let's know more about it! Take a chill pill and enjoy reading this thread!!!

WiFi Repeater! What's That?

A wireless repeater also called wireless range extender takes an existing signal from a wireless router or wireless access point and rebroadcasts it to create a second network. Wireless repeaters are commonly used to improve signal range and strength within homes and small offices.

Did it went bouncer? Let me share a simpler definition! So basically a WiFi Repeater extends the current range of your router by connecting itself with your WiFi Router. So if you have a 2-3 storeyed house, you can use a WiFi Repeater to increase the range of your existing router.

Types of Wi-Fi Range Extenders.

Well, using a range extender is one of the quickest ways to broaden the scope and strength of a wireless network.

Portable Wi-Fi Booster

- Can be moved effortlessly to different locations
- Have portable signal enhancement

Dual-Band Range Extender

- Easy to add to existing networks
- Available in Portable as well as Fixed

Wireless Signal Repeater

- Inexpensive
- Simple solution for wireless signal boosting

Why Are WiFi Repeaters Actually Used?

A wireless extender is basically a sort of wireless router only, which instead of being connected to an Ethernet cable is connected to another wireless router. It takes any signal that it gets from the router and transmits it, and forwards any signal it receives from a client to the router it's connected to.
Let me explain you by an example! Suppose we have a Router connected to the socket in the wall. The Router is transmitting perfectly fine, and suppose one of my friend Aarush is surfing Instagram on his Redmi Note 4 via Router. At the same time, another friend Purna wants to surf Mi Community App on her Redmi 4, but Router's signal can't reach her room. Damn!! But wait! Purna is a smart girl, she installs WiFi Repeater in Router's range. WiFi Repeater receives Router's signal and passes it to Purna's phone, who is in her bedroom. Hence problem solved.
Thus, this is how WiFi Repeater works!!

Connectivity of WiFi Repeaters!

Some wireless range extending devices connect via a USB port. These USB adapters add Wi-Fi capability to desktop PCs and other devices that have standard USB ports. USB supports not only the data transfers required for networking, but it also supplies a power source so that these adapters do not require electrical plugs.

Getting to know more about Mi WiFi Repeater 2!!

• Light weight ( 30g only ), you can carry with it and pair with the routers easily
  • No need to switch the hotspot, WiFi signal enhance up to double
  • Special USB power supply unit, the USB can be rotated at 180 degrees. Charging for the WiFi amplifier is so convenient
  • XiaoMi WiFi 300M amplifier can upgrade automatically without any setting
  • Accurately detecting the connection state and strength of signal
  • Plug and play, no need to install any drive

Final Verdict!

Whether individuals are dealing with connection difficulties due to router distance or structure blockages, Mi WiFi Repeater 2 can strengthen and expand the network. The hardware available blends seamlessly into existing wireless configurations. Mi Wi-Fi Repeater 2 also provides beneficial network features like simple setup modes and integrated security. So, running out from Router's range is not at all an issue now as you have Mi WiFi Repeater 2!! So! What are you waiting for go buy for yourself from here!!!!!!

Source of Information

Missed last sessions? Don't worry have a look at it from the below links!

And now it's time for you to tell me What Technology,
you want me to explain next week? Post your answers below!

Rate

Number of participants 9 Experience +87 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-06-17 05:00:24
Favorites87 RateRate
Tech With Furqaan
You would be having questions in your minds that how any technology or gadget works? I am here to clear your doubts related to Technology with Tech With Furqaan Series.
19 Article Description     315 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Grandmaster Bunny

ASK help | from Redmi Note 3

Helpful.
great explaination.
2017-06-17 05:07:26

Pro Bunny

jeekaydas | from app

simply superb
2017-06-17 05:15:04

Master Bunny

Mashu MvT | from app

well explained bro
2017-06-17 05:23:03
Heyy Mr. Shaikh ! Enjoyed this week's thread , it was really an useful one ... Please keep posting more , we all love to read you ! Eagarly awaiting for more , and and what a coincidence , my name is Purna too and i am huge fan of yours !! Will love to please you sometime with anything you like :) Keep Posting ! Your Well Wisher #twfrockss
2017-06-17 05:39:10

Master Bunny

1607473310,mohan | from Redmi 3S

what will be its price??
2017-06-17 05:43:19
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6

Super Moderator

Furqaan Author |

Purna Shah replied at 2017-06-17 03:09 PM
Heyy Mr. Shaikh ! Enjoyed this week's thread , it was really an useful one ... Please keep posting m ...

Hey there! Well, first of all this not a coincidence actually I have written your name!! Secondly I am glad you love to read my articles! It seriously motivates me to write more!!!!
2017-06-17 05:50:11

Advanced Bunny

Blogger | from app

Thanks for sharing. Really helpful post.
2017-06-17 05:59:14

Master Bunny

Anu Chaudhary | from Redmi 3S

If anyone want better​ range of their WiFi and don't want to change previous router/ modem then Mi  wifi amplifier is best option to increase their home/office WiFi range. Easy to use & easy to carry and no cumbersome process​ required to setup it. Nice thread
2017-06-17 06:54:28

Grandmaster Bunny

Ashoks | from Redmi 3S

thanks for sharing bro
2017-06-17 06:57:03