In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[Other] MY JOURNEY INTO Mi FAMILY & MY DEVICE COLLECTIONS!

2016-06-20 03:15:14
13032 60
Hello Fellow Mi community members, Hope all are doing great. Here i am Ram Kumar from Bengaluru and one among the happiest Xiaomi product user and proud Mi Fan. I want to share my story about how my journey began with Xiaomi and how i got my first Mi device and joined MIUI. So, here goes my story and i am very glad to post my first thread in Mi community.

How i explored Xiaomi:
I wouldn't say i am aware about Xiaomi since from its launch. To be true i initially got to know about Mi only after its entry to India with its Mi3 device through Flipkart during July 2014. Till then i was not interested in any smartphone device as i always felt existing brands in market were over priced for what it had got and i was still using a basic version of Nokia device. The day when i explored Xiaomi Mi3 on Flipkart home page was the day when my love to the smartphone began. The price for the given configuration dragged me attracted and i immediately started exploring more about Xiaomi online and then i learnt more interesting stuff about the company and how quickly it was growing globably and i started suggesting Mi3 device to all my friends and family members convincing it was worth investing but intially few of them were reluctant as it being a new brand and thought it was one among the many chinese brand. But i definitely knew that this company had got a very bright future in medium of Multimedia, My instinct got it all right so far. Inspite of all warnings i still managed to book few Mi3 for many of my friends from my Flipkart account but i didnt buy one for myself because i had my personal financial problem then and i simultaneously started learning about Mi4 and was awaiting for it and reading regularly about its launch plans and configuration.

My first dream phone:
After the annoucement of Mi4 in China i was so impressed with its highend configuration and damn stylish design. I saved the making video of Mi4 which was officially uploaded by Xiaomi in Youtube and used to watch it many times a day and my Love to Xiaomi gradually incresed by getting educated more about Mi4 and in the otherhand the reviews which i was receving from my friends and critics about Mi3 kept me overwhelming. By now Mi4 had become my dream phone but sadly there were no news about Mi4 launch in India yet, which was keeping me disappointed and at that time i was not aware about Aliexpress or anyother Chinese E-commerce sites who could ship the product worldwide. I had a friend who used to work for Flipkart and i used to irritate him to get confirmation about the Mi4 release date in India, Initially even he was not sure and later updated me that there are possiblities that it could be launched in the begining of 2015. 2015 sounded too late for me but i somehow consoled myself saying its worth waiting and i never stopped learning about Mi4 and its creators on internet.

Awaiting for Mi4:
Its 2015 now, Still there's no official announcement of Mi4 launch in India. I am getting restless, Mi4 has grown as a dream phone with in my sense but still not able to get my hands on them, little bit of disappointment and more of excitement awaiting. Finally, one fine day during begining of February 2015 when i opened the flipkart web page i was very surprised to see the exclusive Mi4 sliding home page which consisted of Mi4 information and registration process for the first flash sale which was about to happen on 10th of february. I however registered for the sale but i didn't try to make a purchase on the first sale because i learnt that Mi4 64GB variant would be available soon in India so i thought i have however waited for a while, let me wait few more days to get the higher capacity as i always prefer more storage space. So, my wait started again but this didnt take much days this time.
Mi4 64GB came into registartion immediately after two sale and i registered for first sale for 64GB. Even though i had been waiting for my dream phone since long time and registred myself to buy one on first sale of 64GB, this didnt happen so easyily. Disappointgly two days before the sale the money which i had kept to buy my dream phone had to be spent on some emergency need and thus my dream phone went away from me.

My first Mi device:
I had a close friend named Amar who was residing in Hyderabad and we used to talk regularly over the phone and only discuss about movies and technologies. This guy wanted to buy a new phone since November 2014 as his previous phone got spoilt and he asked me to suggest a good phone. So, Obviously being a Mi phone lover by then asked him to wait a little while till the launch of Mi4 in India so that he can buy it. He trusted me and didnt deny and waited a long time along with me till the launch date of Mi4 but as he was already a smartphone user he couldnt wait any longer without using all his apps and thus ended his wait in January 2015 as till then there was no such announcement of launch. And i however suggested him a Huwaie phone and he started using it. After the launch of Mi4 in February he realised that he should have waited little more longer but however he said me that he will buy a Mi4 64GB to his wife and i had registered for it in my Flipkart account and by now i had no plans to buy it as my money got spent on some unavoidable expenditure and my friend was aware about all these stories which was happening in my life. So, i lost my hopes on my dream phone and i was moving on with my basic version of Nokia and since then i stopped visiting FLipkart also. So, days passed and it was already mid of march and one day my friend Amar calls up me and asks me a favor to do. Favor is that he asks me to go to the KSRTC bus stop at majestic where Andhra buses stops and he had given me a vehicle number and a contact number of a bus driver to whom he had given a small package which has to be received by me and deliver it to his brother later in the evening who stays in Bangalore.
So collected all the given information and next day early morning i reached the bus stop and waited for the bus but the bus was delay by an hour due to break down and however it reached after a while. I paid 100 bucks to the driver as a gratitude to his service and reached back home and kept the package safely so that i can deliver it to his brother in the evening once he returns back from the office. Later that day i get a call from my friend Amar and enquires about the package and asks me to unpack it and check whether it has reached safely. Till i opened it i had no clue what was in the package, So when i was unpacking it i initially saw a Flipkart box in the outer and i sealed opened it as per his request and man i was so shocked to see a brown color Mi box inside the package. my friend asks me to unseal the Mi box as well and i did it safely and i discovered a massive piece of classic mobile phone which is supposedly a Mi4!! I was excited to hold a Mi4 in my hands and till now i thought maybe he's sending his brother a mobile phone. But just before i think and figure it out my friend in the other end tell me 'THIS MI4 IS FOR YOU MY FRIEND' i couldnt believe that for a while and i was so astonished at the same time i was telling him why did he do this to me. I was so happy to see my dream phone in my hands and i thanked my friend a lot and promised him to repay back the money as earliest as possible for which he said me dont worry about it now and start exploring your dream phone now and hung the phone.

About MIUI and my Mi Collections:
Quickly i started learning more about MIUI practically as i was exploring Mi4 and created my Mi account which i never knew till then and became a member of MIUI forum as well which is anonther one amazing creation of Xiaomi. Keeping all Mi user and fans together and resolving their issues and giving them freedom to talk and teach them new things and keeping them updated about everything and conducting contests to the users which i never miss to participate even though i never won any :D
Later after few months when my finance became stable i repayed my friend by buying him a Mi Pad and transferring him the remaining. My journey into the Mi fmaily started with Mi4 and never stopped ever after that. As a happy Mi user i continued spreading recommendation to all my family members and friends to buy Mi devices as a result many owns it and i started making Mi collections by purchasing from Aliexpress and other products which are available in India. In that case now i own the following Mi devices:
Mi Pad
Mi Band
Mi Powerbank (5000MAH, 16000MAH, 20000MAH)
Mi USB LED
Mi USB FAN
Mi Earphones (Piston2, Piston3, Youth basic, Mi Pro in-earphones)
Mi WiFi Router with Repeater
Mi Yi Action camera travel edition
Mi Selfie Stick
Mi Bluetooth Speaker
And still adding into my collections slowly and very importantly, except Mi 20000Mah powerbank and Mi Yi action camera i have two sets of all above mentioned products. Yes, i have gifted all the same to my GF as well and even she's a also one amoungst very happy and very proud Mi user and Mi fan.
So, this is all about my journey with Mi and MIUI. Thanks once again for this opportunity given to share my story to all fellow Mi user and fans.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +6 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-06-20 03:15:14
Favorites1 RateRate
My journey started with Redmi 1S and then Mi3 and now Redmi Note 3
2016-06-21 02:11:43
Redmi 1S|Mi3|Mi Band|Redmi Note 3|Redmi 3S|Mi Band 2

Master Bunny

Mashu MvT | from mobile

It's.... great...keep... going..wish..u..all.the.. Best
2016-06-21 07:21:21

Master Bunny

ram0209 Author |

Lakshmikanth replied at 2016-06-21 11:41 AM
My journey started with Redmi 1S and then Mi3 and now Redmi Note 3

Awesome Bro! Keep Upgrading.
2016-06-24 10:02:45
RAM
____
  .  .

Master Bunny

ram0209 Author |

Mashu MvT replied at 2016-06-21 04:51 PM
It's.... great...keep... going..wish..u..all.the.. Best

Thanks Bro!
2016-06-24 10:03:54
RAM
____
  .  .
i start from redmi 1s and now on redmi note 3.   But how you bought the product which r not available in India
2016-06-24 16:59:19
Something wonderful is about to happen...[url=https://c.mi.com/in/static/image/smiley/comcom/6.gif]ht

Master Bunny

ram0209 Author |

Shubham Tripathi replied at 2016-06-25 02:29 AM
i start from redmi 1s and now on redmi note 3.   But how you bought the product which r not availabl ...

You can always buy products from AliExpress.com bro.  Thank you for your response :}
2016-06-25 00:50:20
RAM
____
  .  .
amazing....
2016-06-25 01:20:19
Please increase the font size bro,its very difficult to read
2016-06-25 06:41:13
{:3_54:}
I am MI follower from Redmi 1s flash sale
2016-06-25 06:46:12
{:3_54:}