In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 4

Tech With Furqaan
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Review&Unboxing] Redmi Note 4 Review: India's No. 1 Selling Smartphone

2017-07-01 00:06:12
227856 987

Hey Mi Fans,

A few months back Mi announced a new device in its Redmi Note line-up: The Redmi Note 4. On its very first sale, 250K+ Units were sold in just a wink of an eye. It's been around 5-6 months of Xiaomi announcing Redmi Note 4 in India, and guess what, in such a short span of time it became India's No. 1 selling smartphone! So the question is what makes Redmi Note 4 better than most smartphones available in the market at the moment. Without wasting much time let's get started. Roll up your sleeves and enjoy reading the thread!

Well, Redmi Note 4 is supercharged by Snapdragon 625, an octa-core processor chip that uses the most advanced 14nm FinFET technology. It is 20% more power efficient than Redmi Note 3, and is bound to put more power in your pocket.

Before starting the review let's check out the features of Redmi Note 4.

• 14nm FinFET Snapdragon 625 processor
  • 13 MP Rear Camera
  • 5 MP Front Camera
  • 2.5D curved glass display
  • 5.5" Full HD Display
  • 4100 mAh Massive Battery Capacity
  • 2/3/4 GB RAM
  • 32/64 GB Internal Memory
  • MIUI 8 powered by Android Marshmallow
So above were some basic features of Redmi Note 4. Let delve into some of the features and know more about each of them!

The Design!

When it comes to a smartphone, what most people prefer is its Design. So let's first check the design, the appearance, the looks of Redmi Note 4!

Redmi Note 4 is having a 5.5" Full HD Display with 2.5D Curved Glass. When it comes to using Redmi Note 4 the touch exprience is simply butteryand using it is just fun! The best thing I love is the 2.5D Curved Glass Display because it actually softens the edges of the display resulting in an amazing user experience!

On the back side, Redmi Note 4 is having a 13 MP Rear camera with dual tone flash and below that fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor unlocks the device in less than a second, 0.3 second to be precise. The aluminium separation lines on the back of the Redmi Note 4 is like a cherry on the cake. Its elegant look makes the Redmi Note 4 look even better.

On the top left side in the image, there's a 3.5 mm audio jack and on the right side there's an IR Blaster.

On the bottom left side is the mic, followed by micro USB charging port and then speakers. The Redmi Note 4 is symmetrical in design and it makes it look cool! Isn't it?

On the right side of the phone, there's volume button and a power button. I hope I don't need to show you which one is volume button and which one is power button!!

There's nothing much on the left side of the phone, just a sim slot and that's all! Minimal design is what makes Redmi Note 4 look elegant!

Beauty in Black!

While you are checking out this review, I thought of showing you a customised skinned Redmi Note 4. It's just a skin tough, you can customise it as per your prefrence!

With an amazing design, performance it what matters too! Let's have a look at Redmi Note 4's performance!

Outstanding Performance

As I mentioned earlier, Redmi Note 4 is supercharged by 2.0 Ghz octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor with 14nm FinFET technology which is bound to put more power in your pocket. The device also sports a powerful Adreno 506 GPU to give you the most amazing gaming experience. Gaming on Redmi Note 4 is smoother and lag free. I played Asphalt 8, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Dead Trigger 2 and many more and I must say Redmi Note 4 handled it so easily which indulged me in an extended gaming session.

On the multitasking front, the apps can be launched quickly and smoothly. This is all because of the combination of more thermal reduction and greater performance. Other than 32/64 GB internal memory, Redmi Note 4 is expandable to 128 GB so that you don't have to worry about storage space running out and can install as much apps as you want.

Capturing the elegant look of Redmi Note 4 is just lovely. But how much can Redmi Note 4's camera performs? Isn't that even a question? However, let's check out its answer below!

Stunning Camera

The Redmi Note 4 is equipped with 13 MP rear camera followed by 5 MP front camera. It also comes with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for 0.1s ultra-fast focusing, which is especially useful for shooting moving objects. There are plenty of modes available in the camera app which includes Beautify, Panorama, Tilt Shift and so on. Do you wanna see how the Redmi Note 4's camera perform? Check out the images captured through Redmi Note 4's rear camera.

The colour reproduction is the best part of Redmi Note 4's camera! The landscape view of Baroda Museum looks stunning through Redmi Note 4's Camera.

A portrait is what matters too! Just because of that smile + the outstanding Redmi Note 4's camera, the image turned out to be an amazing one, isn't it?

Colours colours all the way! A picture says it all! This picture proves how amazing the camera quality of Redmi Note 4 is!

When the word Redmi Note 4 comes, the first thing that comes to my mind is Battery!

Massive Battery Capacity

The Redmi Note 4 is equipped with massive 4100 mAh Battery, which is far more capacity than most smartphone phones available in Indian Market. So let's take a test of Redmi Note 4's Battery!

I decided to watch some movies and TV shows on my beloved Redmi Note 4.

The result is as above. I got 7 hours and 38 mins of insane screen on time. You must be thinking that how crazy I am for movies and TV Shows. And that's true I love to watch movies and TV Series!!

Now, let's see what Redmi Note 4 can do with heavy usage.

That's even more crazy, isn't it? I got almost 1 day 16 hours and 27 mins of Battery with 10 hours 49 mins crazy Screen On Time with heavy usage. Astonished, aren't you?

Getting this screen on time (SOT) on a Smartphone is seriously unbelievable and that too Redmi Note 4 provides such an amazing battery backup. Isn't that a reason to love Redmi Note 4?

How about coming to software part now? Well, Redmi Note 4 runs on MIUI 8 with the taste of Android Marshmallow and the Nougat update is also available in Beta ROM. If you are just geeky like me and want to taste the latest Android on your Redmi Note 4, just download and flash the latest Beta ROM (Developer ROM) from
here

Lovely MIUI

MIUI is intuitive, helpful and so easy to use. MIUI comes with a comprehensive range of system apps that provide a suite of app for daily use. MIUI is fully loaded with countless features and optimisations that will enhance the way you use your phone such as Dual Apps, Second Space, Long Screenshot, App Lock and so on!

Wait! Dual Apps? App Lock? What's that? Wanna know about it? Check Below!!

Dual Apps

Fed up with work messages? Missed any important from your Boss or your loved ones? Do you need something which can separate your work and personal life? Dual App is just made for you! Let me tell you how. Let's suppose you have 2 phone number, one for personal one for work. You can actually use 2 WhatsApp for both the number on a single device!

How? Just go to Settings > Dual Apps > Select the App you want to use and that's all!! Now you have a separate profile for work and personal life! Isn't that amazing?

App Lock

Worried about anyone checking your WhatsApp or Instagram? Don't want to show your personal messages to anyone? App Lock is something you will surely love. You can lock the app you wish to and with just a fingerprint you can unlock the app. In this way, only you can have the access to your apps.

To enable App Lock, just go to Settings > App Lock > Set Pattern > Select App and boom! The selected apps will be locked! These were some of the interesting features of MIUI and now its time to conclude my point and you can try out some more features by yourself.

Final Verdict

The Redmi Note 4 is fully loaded package having great performance with unbelievable battery life one could ever get!! It fares well in all the departments like design, battery life, and performance. At such a price tag, you won't get a device which can outperform the Redmi Note 4. Redmi Note 4 is seriously setting a benchmark of budget segment phone. So if you are planning to buy a budget handset with great design, outstanding performance, stunning camera with massive battery power, your search gets over with Redmi Note 4. So these are just few reasons specified to love Redmi Note 4 and I hope you would love it too.

So what are you for! Go buy one for yourself from here - http://www.mi.com/in/note4/

That's all for now! Hope you loved reading the review! Do let me know your own views about the Redmi Note 4! Let people know what you feel about your Redmi Note 4.

Rate

Number of participants 15 Experience +101 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-07-01 00:06:12
Favorites219 RateRate
Tech With Furqaan
You would be having questions in your minds that how any technology or gadget works? I am here to clear your doubts related to Technology with Tech With Furqaan Series.
19 Article Description     315 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe
Awesome
2017-07-01 04:11:55

Mi FC President

DiLshad Sys | from mobile

Awesome.. well explained
2017-07-05 07:24:27
Great Job bro...
2017-07-05 07:24:58
Awesome Review!