Hi, Mi Fans!
Hope you all are doing well. Since the past days, many users have been reporting that Downloading English - Waiting for Wi-Fi notification is popping up in the notification bar.
1) Open Settings.
2) Select Additional Settings.
3) Click on Language and Input.
4) Select Google Voice Typing.
5) Now choose Offline Speech Recognition.
6) Click on All to see a list of languages. Locate the language and country name which is displayed in the notification. For me, its English[US].
7) Then click on Stop Download
Now the notification will be removed from the notification bar.
In order to avoid the pop up of these notifications again:
Click on Auto-Update option and enable Do not auto-update languages option.
Even if the above mentioned solution doesnt solve your problem, follow the following steps.
1) Open Settings and Select Installed Apps.
2) Choose Download Manger app.
3) Click on Clear Data.
The notification will be now removed.
This is the simplest method available. Connect your device to a WiFi network and download the language.
Hope this guide helps you all to get rid of the notification.
For any concerns and queries, make use of the comment section.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .