Dear Mi Fans,
Diwali is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn (northern hemisphere) or spring (southern hemisphere) every year. Arguably the most important festival in Hinduism, it is an official holiday in Fiji, Guyana, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness or good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair. Before Diwali night, people clean, renovate, and decorate their homes and offices. On Diwali night, Hindus dress up in new clothes or their best outfit, light up diyas (lamps and candles) inside and outside their home, participate in family puja (prayers). After puja, fireworks follow, then a family feast including mithai (sweets), and an exchange of gifts between family members and close friends.
I know many of you are huge fans of MIUI themes and even talented theme designers. That's why we are starting a MIUI Diwali Theme Contest to celebrate this grand festival with all of you. We are giving away massive prizes this time: Mi Notebook Air, Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro,Xiaomi Mi Max Prime, Mi Band 2, and Mi Backpacks Have a blast in participating in our contest! You might be the lucky winner!
The attached is the 4 official customized function module
Contest Time (Standard Beijing Time)
00:00, 25th September - 23:59, 25th October, 2016.
Who can join
Designers from all countries are eligible to enter the contest
Note: the themes will be on shelf only in Indian market and hidden in other countries
What to win
[In terms of orders per theme] 3 winners
Definition of orders: Number of times a theme is uniquely downloaded, namely, number of unique Mi accounts used for downloading this theme.
[In terms of design] 4 winners
(Decided by designers committee and top 3 orders winners are excluded from this)
[Excellent Themes] 10 winners: Mi Band 2 + Mi Backpack
Winners decided by designers committee. Top 3 orders winners and 4 design award winners are excluded from this.
judge.jpg (75.18 KB, Downloads: 216)
2016-09-18 06:07:13 Upload
judge1.jpg (87.85 KB, Downloads: 197)
2016-09-18 06:07:37 Upload
How to participate
Design your original theme about Diwali Festival and upload it to Xiaomi Theme Store between 25th September and 25th October.
1. All theme entries submitted in theme store must include "[Diwali]" in the theme name, for example, Nature [Diwali]. Suggest to copy and paste [Diwali] in your theme name since it's case and width sensitive.2.Official customized function module must be included in the lockscreen of the submitted theme. A series of awesome promotion activities at Mi.com will be shown in the following modules between 10th October to 19th October. There're 2 ways of adding the customized module.
a) Choose one preset module from the following 4 sets of coding provided by us and add it in the lockscreen of your theme.
b) You may refer to the above 4 sets of coding, then create your own coding and add it in the lockscreen.
2016-09-19 06:03:30 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
N.B. There were minor mistakes with the previous version, I uploaded the updated one for you to download.
Here are 4 lockscreen samples for you:
1.jpg (205.09 KB, Downloads: 190)
2016-09-18 06:17:33 Upload
2.jpg (232.75 KB, Downloads: 183)
2016-09-18 06:17:34 Upload
3.jpg (264.84 KB, Downloads: 181)
2016-09-18 06:17:35 Upload
4.jpg (137.91 KB, Downloads: 189)
2016-09-18 06:17:36 Upload
All eligible theme entries will be updated here in future, so please stay tuned.
If this is your first time participate in MIUI theme contest, please refer to the following steps:
1. Set up a Designer Account. (Create a Mi Account first if you don't have one.)
1. Lockscreen wallpaper,wallpaper, dialing pad, SMS, notification bar must all be redesigned.
2. The designer can use any software. All original design drafts must be kept in order, so that Xiaomi expert team can assist the designersin adding screens to the theme. (Eg: Layers should be kept in *.psd or .ai files for objects like icons, backgrounds etc.) Designers are required to send the original .psd or .ai files to email@example.com while uploading the theme.
3. All creative submissions, provided by contestants should be ORIGINAL work.
5. MIUI 8 theme is necessary, MIUI 7's orders also count as download orders .
6. All submission should be approved by Xiaomi and uploaded to the Theme Store to become a valid submission.
7. If a submission is designed or developed by several people, all contributors should agree to participate in the Contest. The prize(s) will be given to the owner of the design account from which the submission was uploaded.
8. The content of the submission must be presented in accordance with Indian laws and regulations of the Designer.
9. Any themes which contain maps of disputed areas, flags, religious symbols (Diwali elements excluded), pornographic elements, scenes of excessive violence, politically incorrect and controversial statements or any explicit content which will potentially offend some ethnic groups or a nation's feelings will be considered as an invalid Submission and shall not be uploaded onto the Theme store.
10.If Xiaomi expert team finds any invalid submission on the Theme Store, then Xiaomi expert team shall remove such invalid submission from the Theme Store with immediate effect.
11.On uploading of the submissions, Xiaomi will have the right to use, redesign, produce, exhibit, publish, advertise the submissions without any limitation as Xiaomi may in its own discretion deem appropriate.
12.The decision of the jury will be final and binding.
13.One participant can submit more than one themes, but 1 designer can win only 1 prize. For instance, if the top 3 downloaded themes are from the same designer, this designer can only win the award of first prize, and the second & third prize go to the next 2 designers on the top download list
14.[IMPORTANT] Please read through the full version of guideline here
2016-09-18 22:12:56 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
Upon joining the contest, you agree to everything in the guideline.
Winners will be announced within 2 weeks after the contest ends. Prizes will be sent before 25th November.
For winners living outside India, the awards will be sent in the form of cash (the selling price of the winning award on China MI.COM plus 100 RMB)
Mi Notebook Air 13.3" & 12.5"
Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
Mi Band 2
Good MIUI theme-related threads: