In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 3

[ROM] CM13 Marshmallow Rom In-Depth Review For Redmi Note 3(Snapdragon)

2016-06-22 09:03:53
13725 43

Hello , Its been a while since FEDS64 had written a thread on Installation of CM13 Rom for Redmi note 3, In the MIUI Forum. So this is full on In-Depth review of the rom.

FOR ALL YOU GUYS WONDERING HOW TO INSTALL CM13,
CLICK HERE ,Thanks to FEDS64.

Caution:
      1) You need to have unlocked boot loader
      2) Your Warranty will be void
      3) Try it at own risk

CynogenMod 13(CM 13):
    CynogenMod is the best AOSP ROMs provider in the world. It is mostly based on stock android, with more customization than stock android. CynogenMod is the best option for the devices running slow due to resource hungry operating systems like TouchWIZ, MIUI , etc and also it is the best bet for the people who are bored with default UI and want to try Stock like Rom.

Highlights Of This Rom:-
1) The Rom is butter smooth and fast
2) No Bloatware
3) Tons and tons of customizations and UI tweaks
4) Excellent battery like thanks to DOZE
5) Perfectly Stable for day to day use
6) Pre Rooted
7) Advantage to CM themes
8) Audio FX pre-installed
9) Has built-in Screen recorder
10) Amazing Memory Management ,
11)
Working Fingerprint Sensor and many many more.....

First Boot:-
Its just like any other CynogenMod 1st boot screen But it has integrated Fingerprint Sensor Support....

LAUNCHER: Homescreen and App drawer:-
With CM13 CynogenMod Is installing its own launcher called Trebuchet Launcher. This launcher is like Stock but with more customizations than the stock one. It is fast and responsive. It does not crash like pervious versions, Now its more stable .
When you Long press the empty place in the home screen a small window will open like stock android with widgets, wallpapers and settings option, There also will be three dots, When you touch them and scroll up,then it will open a menu of customizations including editing how the app drawer locks, etc......

Notificaton Panel:-
When you scroll from up from any screen notification panel drops, Everyone knows it, But in CM13 you have a option to add pages in notification panel.Cool right?

Lockscreen:-
Nothing fancy here.{:4_118:}

Resent Apps Panel:-
You can jump between the apps you opened before right from here. You can access it by long pressing home key, I personally customised it to pressing menu key once.And there is also a option to clear all the opened apps at once.

CynogenMod's Inbuilt Screen Recorder:-
Cynogen has integrated Screen Recorder right into the operating system. It is quite usefull in many ways , It even has option to record external voice through mic in phone.

File Manager:-
It is a basic File manager it gets the job done. But seriously I hate it, It is barebones and MIUI's File manager is way better

Clock:-
Its Basic stock Clock nothing special or creative.

Gallery:-

Music:-
I should say its a bit better then MIUI

Camera:-
There are many option in UI, Its not like barebones in MIUI. But the outcome pictures are to the mark as MIUI's

Calling Screen and UI :-

Messaging:-

Settings:-
The settings are much like stock android but has more and more customizations inbuilt in each options.

Sounds:-
It has inbuilt audioFX with provides better control over audio from headphones or speaker.

Buttons:-
Here are a tons of options for you to customize

Storage & USB:-
I have checked USB OTG is supported. The rom also has adaptable storage support. It means you han completely use your memory card as internal storage I suggest to use if you have a 16GB varient.

Theme Store:-
Cm13 comes with themes support but doesn't have any preinstalled themes you need to download from Play store and use.

Status Bar:-
Here you can customize status bar.

System Profiles:-
Here you can switch between users from owners to guests or even create special space for office work.

Finger Print Scanner:-
When you are at the 1st boot you will have an option to add fingerprint scanner. But just in case you missed there here is how to add fingerprints.
Go to Settings> Lock Screen> Fingerprints> Enter your pin or pattern> Next You will have option to add or remove fingerprints.

Battery Backup:-
I have been testing the cm13 rom for over 2 and half weeks. On complete WIFI i have got screen on time about 10 hours with all apps running in background. On mobile data around 6 and half hours, on mixed usage around 8 hours. So due to features like doze and optimizations I cann safely say that I was able to get around 15-20% better battery backup than MIUI.

Here all the cool stuff:-

Google Now ON Tap:-
This is an amazing feature and works like a charm.

Mi Remote:-
It has Mi remote inbuilt and works fine.

Developers Options:-
First go to About phone> Tap on build number untill you have seen a toast saying developers options enabled.

Multi Window Support:-
Cm13 Has inbuilt Multiwindow support but you have to enable it. After enabling devlopers options, Go to devloper options there scroll untill you find option named multi-window Just click there and enable it. BINGO! Now you have enabled Multi Window Option.

Getting Root access:-
In devloper options there is also an option called root access click there and select apps and adb.Now you successfully enabled root options.

BUG: Notification Light wont blink! It will just glow.

Verdict:
   On the whole I should say that the CM13 is as good as MIUI even better in many aspects. Its stable and ready for daily use. I have used Nexus 6P for a month now useing Redmi note 3 with CM13,I din't find any difference in performance or UI. It was just like using a nexus device. I suggest this rom to people who are bored of MIUI and want to have Stock android like feel.Its stable and I give a Big thumbs Up {:6_232:}.

Original Thread HERE. Edited for MI Community!

Feel free to ask any questions in comments.

Vote Down for your Favourite Rom!

If Like it or Found usefull, Please Like, Share or Rate.

Single Poll thread Total 38 Users Voted

63.16% (24)

36.84% (14)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-06-22 09:03:53
Favorites6 RateRate
great thread :). this is the unofficial build right?
could you please add the bug list on the top of the thread?
also, will you be updating this for each of his new builds?
2016-06-22 14:02:06
Geronimo! :D
Timelord replied at 2016-06-22 11:32 PM
great thread :). this is the unofficial build right?
could you please add the bug list on the top of ...

Ya it is Unofficial
there is only bug and it is notification light doesn't blink it stays in the constant
Ya i will update thread with new build links once the developer updates!
2016-06-23 01:20:59
1553329281 replied at 2016-06-23 10:50 AM
Ya it is Unofficial
there is only bug and it is notification light doesn't blink it stays in the c ...

Great! thank you :)
2016-06-23 04:21:12
Geronimo! :D
Useful guide and review
2016-06-24 08:50:45
thank you for sharing...
2016-06-24 10:59:31
Thanks for sharing.
2016-06-25 01:27:59
Mi Community India
Great Review,
CM13 & MIUI
Both are different taste don't compare please.
2016-06-25 04:00:43
androsamace
useful info
   thanks for sharing.
2016-06-25 08:21:28
**I love Mi community India**
Great But Make Pics Small To load Better
2016-06-25 09:01:41
amazing review
2016-06-25 11:29:58
MIUI is my love