this thread is for Flashing/Unbricking MI 5 with Test Points. This thread will let you know step by step process to the Flashing/Unbricking MI 5 with Test Points.
WARNING !!! You're doing all of the above at your responsibility!!! No one here will be responsible if you haven't read the guide completely and then you have damaged your phone beyond repair!!! You have been warned!!!
Important: - Before flashing, it is advised to take the backup of data and make sure that your phone battery is charged enough.
Note: This method will work with every ROM, Upgrade/Downgrade, Locked BL/Unlocked BL. Don't ask queries before reading the whole guide.
When you can use Test Point for Flashing:1. If a phone is totally dead, No Fastboot, No recovery.
2. If you are stuck in Qualcomm USB 900e mode.
3. The bootloader is locked and a device is in bootloop.
4. You need to Flash Developer or Stable ROM on Locked BL.
Steps to Disassemble MI 5 (Most Easiest way) :
1. Power off the Phone.
You need below tools.
2. Now use the Suction Cup to remove Back Panel.
3. Attach the Suction Cup on the back panel and pull it. Back cover will be lifted as shown below.
4.Remove the Plastic cover and keep it aside.
5. Unscrew/Remove the 09 screws as shown below
6. Remove the Plastic cover. Go slow and easy.
7. Disconnect the battery connector carefully from Main Board as shown in the below picture.
Now time to Test Point, let me first show the location of Test Points
8. You need a twizzer or Piece of wire to Short/connect the test points to Enter EDL mode.
Follow the below steps for effective results.
If you get Qualcomm HS-USB as shown below, Skip Updater Driver Steps.(Step 9 - 14)
9. If you got QHUSB_BULK, Right Click and choose Update Drivers Else skip this driver Update part and start flashing.
Note: - Driver Signature Enforcement: It's recommended to disable. Reboot your PC in Advanced Mode and Choose Disable Driver Signature.Follow this thread Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 7/8/10 64-Bit
10. Choose Browse My Computer for Driver Software.
11. Choose the Path of Xiaomi Folder. Most of the users will find it like this.
Note: - If Folder does not exist, Install MI Flash and check C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash
12. Choose Install this Driver Software anyway
13. Wait till driver installation successful.
14. The driver will be installed Successfully and you can see added in Ports as Qualcomm HS-USB.
You will need Fastboot ROM. Recovery ROM will not work. If you have already downloaded Fastboot ROM, there is no need to download again.
(File Extension with.Zip file is Recovery ROM, .tgz or .tar file is Fastboot ROM, if it is .tar after download, Rename to .tgz for easy extraction)You can download latest Fastboot ROM and MI Flash , Old Rom can be downloaded from Mi 5 ROM Section
Steps to Flash ROM: -
1. Download ROM from the above link (Which one you want to Flash) and extract it to Desktop or any location on PC (Use Winrar Software to extract).
(Please check if the file suffix is '.tgz'. Please rename it to '.tgz' if the suffix is '.gz or .tar')
2. Download flashing tool from the above link and install it. Once the installation is complete, Run MiFlash application. Click on browse and Select ROM folder from Desktop(From the location where ROM is saved)
Note: Use latest Mi Flash Tool only, it will work on both 32 and 64 Bit windows.
3. Press Refresh button to see your device in flashing tool.After pressing refresh button you will see a connected device.
Note: Clean All, Save User data options will not work in EDL Mode. If you want to save internal User Data, follow this:a. Open the ROM folder and find Rawprogram0.xml and edit it with Notepad++
b. Remove/delete the line and save the file.
4. Click on Flash and it will start flashing ROM on your device
5. Once flashing process completes, you will see Success Message.
6. Remove the cable and Connect the Battery connector to the phone and Re-Assemble Phone in Power off Mode.
7. Power it on by holding Power Button for 10 Seconds.
The device will start, wait until completion, it can take up to 10-20 minutes.
- Redmi 7
- Redmi Y3
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Go
- Mi TV
- Mi A2
- Redmi Y2
- Redmi 5
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Y1
- Mi MIX 2
- Redmi 4
- Redmi 4A
- Redmi 3S
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 3
- Redmi Note
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi 6 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Mi A1
- Mi Max 2
- Mi Max
- Mi 5
- Mi Phone
- Mi Band
- Air Purifier 2/2S
- Mi Router 3C
- Mi Pad