Edited by R0user at 2016-12-02 07:16 PM |
Hello MI Fans,
Hope everyone is having good time & enjoying holidays of Diwali.
As we all know MI India recently sold a record 1 million devices in 18 days, we have many new MIUI users. We welcome them all with wide open arms. Some of them are first time users of MIUI & android, so they have lot of questions of their own.
Here I'll try list some of them which have been asked in MIUI Feedback section quite a number of times, answer them & provide solution wherever necessary.
1. "Allow" button isn't working for permission granting for me when app asks for permissions?
- This is a security measure from google itself & known issue for all android running marshmallow
"Allow" buttton will not work only "deny" will work, whenever any app with an Overlay UI is being used, it is to save user from malicious apps granting permissions to users' private information by using alike overlay & alike cases.
2. Go to security app - permissions (& other permissions) - manually grant the needed permissions.
October 29, 2016 111912 AM GMT 0530.jpg (22.51 KB, Downloads: 64)
2016-10-29 08:40:02 Upload
October 29, 2016 112602 AM GMT 0530.jpg (26.66 KB, Downloads: 66)
2016-10-29 08:40:03 Upload
- MIUI Developer version has started using temporary disabling quickball on first app opening cycle as a smart solution to save user performing extra steps for manual permission granting.
2. I'm using Marshmallow/Android 6.0 based MIUI but my Google "Now on tap" isn't working yet.
- This is a known issue & has been corrected in the Developer ROM based on MM/6.0, stable users will eventually get the fix for this & it will work after that.
3. For some Dual apps I'm not able to use sign-in using Google sign-in.
- Apps using play games sign-in use the API of Play games to sign-in & it requires the presence of play services.
Now Dual-apps basically work on android's Multi-user mode, so dual app has separate data for the other user (dual instance) but not for that play services/framework so it won't work.
4. "Slow motion" mode is faded in my camera application, what do I do?
- Go to "settings - system apps - video"
Change the "Video Quality" to HD, go back & check it will show option of "Slow Motion" then.
5. On stable ROM, Pressing of volume down button opens my camera application sometimes.
- Double pressing of volume down in locked state opens Camera app UI, it was hidden feature at first.
In recent Developer ROM version setting for it has been introduced to control the behavior to set it as per user's choice.
For Developer Beta ROM the setting is in: "Settings - lockscreen & password - Launch camera", stable users have to wait a bit.
October 29, 2016 63743 PM GMT 0530.jpg (31.98 KB, Downloads: 64)
2016-10-29 09:12:06 Upload
6. My music app has lots of songs and I'm not able to search it.
- Music app has alphabetical scroll bar on side. It arranges music based on Title, Artist & Album tag data in ID3 tags filled in Mp3 files based on standard practice.
If your downloaded music doesn't-have/correct ID3 tag data then it spoils your experience.
E.g: Automata Tag Editor
7. Where is USB mass storage mode, I couldn't find?
- Often new users upgrading directly from Older version of android to Marshmallow ask this question.
This has been removed to cater the problems of fixed size /data partition which were the limiting factor on how many apllication you can install & use. Option was there to move app to SD card but not all apps supported it.
Also USB mass storage doesn't allow simultaneous access to both OS & PC so apps wouldn't work while USB mass storage is in use as they have no access to.
So MTP mode, which allow access to both & so is now android's default choice.
8. I'm getting error 505 for some of my apps after upgrading, how do I install them?
- This happens when app is uninstalled but some of it's data is still there & so it won't let you install the new version.
9. For some of my app I'm receiving notifications but app doesn't open when i click on them.
- If even when putting the app in auto-start, you able to receieve notifications but clicking on it doesn't open the app It's because of one permission called "start in backgroud"
October 29, 2016 64657 PM GMT 0530.jpg (28.61 KB, Downloads: 58)
2016-10-29 09:18:45 Upload
10. I'm sharing my internet via hot-spot but the receiver MI phone isn't having internet access across all apps.
- When you share your 4g connection via hotspot to another phone it gets detected as mobile hostpot access point & so to save you from hefty data charges it gets limited.
- check status bar icon which is different from normal Wi-Fi Infrastructure mode.
- Go to settings - Wi-Fi - connected access point - small ">" button - disable "mobile hotspots" option
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Connect again, you should be able to use now, notice the icon in status bar getting changed
11. I'm not able to able to hide video in gallery app via "Hide" button in "Photos" tab or "albums" tab.
- It's a common misconception. You won't be able to hide video from gallery app, because that "hide" button is for cloud gallery album, which basically uploads it to hidden album on cloud and video isn't supported yet.
Although in "gallery - albums tab - album - long press - Hide" option will hide album but that will just hide it from showing in gallery album list, also it won't stop it showing in alone "videos" list.
- Go to Explorer - Your file - three dots - Hide
12. I bought a new phone & downloaded MI PC Suite but it's not working and says to update the phone instead.
- Nothing to worry your phone is fine, if your MIUI ROM of new phone is based on Marshmallow then it won't work, will work only on Lollipop or lower versions.
It's a known issue because of android version & related limitations it presented.
13. My 4G is working too slow, is it because of my handset?
- This Problem is related to your service provider, you might want to check this thread, this has helped many people.
14. I'm getting "Don't cover the orange area/earphone area of screen", how to disable that?
- This is a feature designed to stop pocket dialing & alike situations being misunderstood, know more about it here.
That's it for now folks, we will see you in next installment with all new questions from your side. Keep Questioning, Keep MIUI-ing.
Have any Questions, Comments or Feedback about MIUI, share with us below in the comment box, in MIUI Feedback Or MIUI Q&A section
[Feature Explained] Automated Tasks - Customized Tasks At Your Customized Ease
[Feature Explained] Privacy Protection Password - Your Unified Privacy Option
All You Want To Know About MIUI 8
How To Flash MIUI 8 Stable Or Developer ROM
Things you NEVER knew you could do on your Mi phone
3 Cool Ways to Arrange your Apps on the Home Screen!
Power At Last - 20 Tips For Good Battery Backup!