In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[Discussion] Which Mobile Case do you prefer: Flip Case or Back Case?

2016-10-31 08:14:21
8482 163
Edited by Kashish at 2016-10-31 05:47 PM

Greetings Mi Fans!

First of all, I would like to wish you all a very Happy Diwali. I hope your Diwali vacation is going great!
Today we're doing a short comparison between Flip Covers and Back Covers. At the end, you can cast your vote for that cover which you like the most and you can also tell us the reason for your preference. So let's get started!

If you would search for Protection Covers/Cases at Mi Store, you'll find 3 different types of products available in a variety of beautiful colours:
1) Hard Case  2) Soft Case  3) Flip Case
Here, we will be considering the Hard Case and the Soft Case in the same category, i.e. Back Covers.
Let us talk about Back Covers and Flip Covers separately along with their advantages and disadvantages:

1) Back Covers

Back Cases are the most commonly used Covers for Mobile Devices. They provide excellent protection for the phone from the back as well as from the sides. Choosing a Hard Case or a Soft Case totally depends on a user's personal preference. Both of them provide good protection for your device. They are cheaper than flip covers and they look great too.
For a review of Redmi Note 3 Hard Case, you can check out:  Redmi Note 3 Hard Case Review

Advantages:
1) Provide Maximum Protection
2) Low Cost
3) Provide Better Looks
4) Provide Good Grip

Disadvantages:
1) Don't provide protection on the front side
2) May make the phone look thick
3) Doesn't includes any smart features to wake up the screen

2) Flip Covers

A flip cover has two parts, the rear part protects the rear side of the phone while the front part covers the screen. The front part can simply be flipped in order to wake up the screen. The Hall Sensor which is used to detect the magnetic field is used for this purpose. So, the Flip Case is sometimes also referred as Smart Flip Case.

Advantages:
1) Provide Protection from both Front and the Rear Side
2) Wakes up the phone with a single Flip
3) The Leather Grip makes it easy to hold
4) Provides good protection against scratches

Disadvantages:
1) Capturing photos from the rear camera can get really tough
2) Cost is higher than Back Cases
3) Could interfere with proximity sensor during calls

So, Which Mobile Case do you prefer?

Single Poll thread Total 388 Users Voted

18.56% (72)

81.44% (316)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 9 Experience +65 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-10-31 08:14:21
Favorites12 RateRate
I prefer back cover, it saves me the trouble of opening the flip cover every time.
2016-10-31 08:52:12

Grandmaster Bunny

Gowthi | from app

I really love to use hard case than a flip one. Flip cover totally covers the mobile look.
Well Hard case for protection and still keeps the look as much as possible.
2016-10-31 09:51:25
I prefer back covers. Not a big fan of opening the flip cover every time to use the phone :^)
2016-10-31 09:57:02
i always prefer back cover
2016-10-31 10:08:52
HAPPY 2 HELP U
i prefer back cover  hassle free
2016-11-02 12:13:29
I purchased both back and flip cover from mi store flip cover is soo heavy bt good in looking ,bt it's heavy
back cover is light weight and Good looking bt don't purchase blue colour bcz it's gets dirty after sometimes and couldn't clean anyhow
2016-11-03 22:23:30
back case
2016-11-03 22:29:26
Varieties of just back cover is my all time preference :)
2016-11-03 22:43:42
RAM
____
  .  .
Flip cover
2016-11-03 22:43:49
back case is best...
2016-11-03 22:53:17
Something wonderful is about to happen...[url=https://c.mi.com/in/static/image/smiley/comcom/6.gif]ht