In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Band

[Discussion] MiFit App used ~300Mb of My mobile Data.. What Data it sent?

2016-07-08 01:26:57
1019 4
Hi.. I experienced yesterday that MiFit used almost 300 MB of my mobile data. This is weired and it has never happened in last 4-5 months. This whole usage went within an hour and i could see that its happening and was unable to control it as i am on aAndroid verion Kitkat which doesnt allow to control network access, application based.

I tried restarting phone but unfortunately, it continued using my mobile data and finally i had to remove the app. I am more of worried about data that this application may have been excahnged on internet. I have already sent the logs using the application and waiting for a response from Mi on this. This app was updated a week ago and again any update cant be of this big size for such an small application. Even i havnt connected this to any social app, as i am not active much socially.

I have contacted online chat, and they do not have any clue about what may have happened. I would like to urge MI to check this, as many other people have faced similar issue when i google it.

This is question on personal data security and i cant have any such app installed on my phone.

Attached screenshot here.

Thanks
Rajkumar
2016-07-08 01:26:57
Favorites RateRate
it was probably due to the location access permission you may have given to the Mi Fit app. as new updates of Mi Fit ask for location permissions. also sync of your Mi Fit app data to mi cloud or your account. Please check in security app if the location access is on accidentaly for it.
2016-07-08 02:30:31
Proud Mi Fan

Spam Hunter

parag purkar | from app

check in for Mr power
2016-09-08 13:47:52

Advanced Bunny

Myson1 | from app

update your app
2016-09-08 13:55:07

Advanced Bunny

R. Rajesh | from app