In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Feedback

[Feedback] MIUI feedback: Fix Major Bugs first then Add New Features

2018-01-08 01:10:26
2299 68
Hey Everyone.

Before continuing with this thread let me clarify and tell you, I'm one of the most earliest Mi Fan and an ardent one, I'm still and I will remain as a Mi Fan. This thread does not mean I'm against MIUI or Mi, I simply Love MIUI and I will keep on using it. I have Mi MIX 2 and I will buy next Mi Flagship as well. But there are certain things which I have to tell behalf of Mi Fans and general Mi users which I came across.

Mi is known for value for money phones and they are worth every penny, And so we suggest these phones to everyone who is planning to buy a new phone for himself. But After that when those people face issues, Ultimately they do ask us first for solutions, That Time we only say update will solve the issue. But, Then we keep waiting for update to solve those major issues. E.g. " Camera Cannot Connect " bug, Its still there in most Redmi devices, Infact it appears in latest Redmi 5A as well, Although reboot solves the issue, Which we know how to solve it but not any elderly person whom we suggest these phones. But Instead of solving major bugs what we get is some changes in animation of MIUI. Well, Animation looks cool, No doubt, But They are not useful. Just for an example: If we go for an outing and we come across some seriously awesome scenery, We will try to capture it in good photos but not Screenshot of animations.

Camera :

Yes, The Camera is an issue in most Xiaomi phones. Everytime, I mean Everytime the initial build is fantastic. In that Build we take some mind blowing pictures and we love our phone and its Camera that time. But later, One Update and thats where our love for camera comes to an end. Example: Redmi Note3, Redmi Note 4, Mi MIX 2: In Initial Build and the current MIUI build, Difference is noticeable.

One thing we all are complaining is of pictures taken in low light. They are so grainy and with lots of noise. But now its even on Flagship phone of Mi. Flagship phones are know for camera in all conditions. Even after reporting there is no solution on it.  Also one issue now is too much beautify in pics taken during day light, You can see effect of beautify over the object captured.

Also one complaint regarding the Camera is, Camera2 Api. Lollipop update gave the option to enable the Camera2 Api, which lets you capture the pic in RAW and Use newer camera apps. But even after 3 iterations its not seen in any Xiaomi phone. Camera2 Api unleashes the full power of lens and Xiaomi provides Flagship camera in their phones. But still its not enabled. Atleast enable it in your flagship, It will solve all the camera probolems. Mi and MIUI is also known for taking feedback and suggestions from user and implementing it. This is our Major, Major, Major request. Please enable the Camera 2 API in Mi phones, Please.

Performance:

Yup, We do understand that sometimes to add new features some bug and features gets neglected. Like in Mi MIX 2 Quick Charge is not working properly, Its been more than 2 months on MIUI 9, still the issue persist. BTW Camera, and Quick Charge are among the Key Features of Mi MIX 2 still they are not fixed from last 2 months of reporting. I know it will be solved, But it takes alot of time to solve bugs from MIUI side. And going back to previous ROM is such a pain, I mean, To take all back up, Unlock bootloader, Fastboot , Clean Flash and after that again set up your phone, If the phone is your daily driver. People like me will do, But those who do not have an idea of all these, They will not.

Mi A1 which is one of the best selling phone, Facings issues as well. Camera remains Black for 2-3 secs, FP gesture: Slide down fp for Notification bar is removed. Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 Battery back up is degraded in all MIUI versions , Stable as well as Beta. No L1 DRM certfications even for Flagship Phones. Now a days we all are facing Screen Blackout issue. It is going on from last 2-3 weeks, Yet not solved updates after updates but again we are getting changes and modfications of animations in our updates. Well I have just stated Major issues, Not Minor.

Please take this feedback positively, Its Behalf of all Mi Fans coming to Mi FC Meet, Telegram Groups, Mi Users who are using Mi Phones. I'm a Mi Fan and always will be.  

If you facing any other major issue apart from what I listed then please mention it in comment below and Vote in Poll

Multiple Poll thread: ( Maximum5 choices ) Total 244 Users Voted This Poll has ended.

73.77% (180)

60.66% (148)

61.89% (151)

72.54% (177)

16.8% (41)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +19 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-01-08 01:10:26
Favorites20 RateRate

Master Bunny

Anthrax | from MI MAX 2

Addition to the points mentioned in the OP... Kernel Sources... So that atleast we can have some ROMs apart from miui as and when needed for those who need to try... And also get updated to latest Android version (not that it matters to me).. And last but not the least... Contribute to the open source community by following the guidelines of GNU GPL license...
2018-01-08 01:27:16
Nothing here

Pro Bunny

Devansh thaker | from Mi MIX 2

2018-01-08 01:16:11
Mi Fc Ahmedabad president
I agree with above Points

There has been pretty much degradation of Camera in many New Updates, Updates should not be trade off between Camera Quality and New Features. Redmi Note 3 users always have that Media Bug, which forces to reboot their device.
We users have been longing for camera2api which was Android's Native Lollipop Feature yet to arrive on MIUI, 3 years later. Kernel source delay have been ever since the beginning, despite we were said that it would be coming within 3 months and still on Hold.
Mi A1 users have been longing for api2 and EIS and deproved of it. MIX 2 has Poorly Optimized Camera, Slow Charging speed, No Android Updates to Redmi 3SP, and people are battling with Poor Battery Life.

These Issues must be Fixed Soon for the Users to get the best of MIUI and a Better Experience. We Understand it takes time, like we tried and adjusted with Contacts mismatch issue, but other issues should be on priority
2018-01-08 01:16:26

Pro Bunny

Thant Zin Aung | from Redmi Note 4

Battery is very worse condition from updates.
2018-01-08 01:18:24

Pro Bunny

abhayshahi | from Redmi Note 3

There's a major bug in Redmi note 3 and few note 4 as well. The users have been facing this from a long time, all of a sudden when we open camera it says "can't connect to camera", and the phone doesn't ring at all, we are unable to play any videos/gif, phone doesn't ring when someone is calling, and can't hear the person on the other side when the call is picked, In order to fix this issue users have to reboot the phone.

The only thing we ask for is to create a polished UI, that's all the users ask for. The new addition of features should be on hold untill​ the old issues are solved.
2018-01-08 01:21:37
Yeah fix the major bugs 1st
And please improve camera quality for every device and disable beautify mode
2018-01-08 01:22:05
needed camera and bugs fixed up
2018-01-08 01:28:13
[img]https://in.c.mi.com/https://in.c.mi.com/https://u01.appmifile.com/images/2018/08/01/46fac8a5-2

Mi FC President

Deleep | from Redmi Note 4

completely agree with the above points, Mi phones are the best in market as of now but if these points are considered and improve it can be much better. I hope we get to see some improvements very soon.
2018-01-08 01:30:48
Amazing Grace :)

Spam Hunter

owasim | from Redmi 3S

camera improvement needed
2018-01-08 01:31:06

Master Bunny

UditMathur | from MI 4W

I agree that major bugs should be fixed first. I am still using Mi4 as my primary device and one of the major bugs is that slow motion video recording didn't work when marshmallow came. This has not beem fixed in the past 2 years. Also, the battery life has degraded drastically as compared to previous MIUI versions
2018-01-08 01:31:57
Magical Intelligent User Interface