Hi Mi (Band 2) fans!
I hope everyone is enjoying their everyday companion for fitness tracking and other important alerts from your smartphone.
Today I am here to provide a solution for an error which made many of the Mi Band 2 users unable to use or connect it to their Mi Account,
“Band is paired by another person. Ask them to unpair it and try again”
How to solve this error?
1. As a foremost step download the latest Mi Fit app version 3.2.6 from Playstore or from apk from here
2018-01-19 04:38:54 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
2. Once installed open your Mi Fit app and you can see the login screen with 3 options
Select any account to which you wish to connect your Mi Band 2 (Here I chose Mi Account) and provide the permissions required.
3. Once you login into your account you can see “No paired devices” tap on it and select Band to search your Mi Band and pair it with your account.
4. As the band is already paired with other account it cannot be paired with your current account and pops-up the below error.
Once you see this message tap on “Restore factory settings” to confirm your band will get a prompt to tap on the button on Mi Band 2 with vibration.
5. Once you confirm to “Restore factory settings” a 4-digit pin is shown on your Mi Band 2 screen, enter the code in your Mi Fit app screen and tap ok to reset your Mi Band 2.
6. If your band is on older firmware you may see the below screen of firmware update on your Mi Band 2 and Mi Fit app
Please make sure your Band is charged enough as the firmware update make take few minutes and also keep your device near the Band.
7. Once that is done you can see the Mi Band 2 is now paired with your account and updated to latest firmware.
Hope this helps to retrieve your Mi Band 2 back to daily life.
2018-01-19 05:38:38 UploadClick on the file to download the attachment
Google Play Store Link for Mi Fit App
What should I do if my phone can’t find the band during the pairing process?
Tap the button the Mi Band 2 to check if it is powered on or not and try again, if still unable to pair turn off Bluetooth on your phone and turn it on again.
Why can’t I use power banks to charge my Mi Band?
As most of the power banks have a big current output for charging the mobile devices with large batteries, and when a phone is fully charged power banks get turned off to save power, as battery in Mi Band 2 is small most of the power banks detects it as a charged mobile phone and doesn’t charge the band unless the power bank supports to charge smaller battery devices.
Should i charge my Mi Band when it’s totally out of power?
Lithium battery used in Mi Band 2 doesn’t have memory, so you can charge it anytime you want.
Mi Fit app will give alert when the Band have low battery.
How can I delete my personal info and data?
You can write a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your data , there may be a identity verification to process your request.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .