In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[MIUI Q&A] [Vol III] Frequently asked questions on MIUI and Mi Community.

2016-12-26 01:46:40
9569 158

Hey Mi fans,

I wish you everyone Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year. I hope you all enjoyed the Christmas with some cakes and pastries and planning out for New Year's eve. Lets end this year with clearing all basic doubts of MIUI and Mi Community. These questions are mostly asked and they are basic questions, Infact MIUI general section is flooded wiith these questions. So lets go and clear all the doubts of new users.

When I open any image in gallery it pop up's a notification to download the image.

- It is because you synced your gallery on Mi cloud and Pic is uploaded on Mi cloud as well you have deleted the image from Phone. So you get thumbnail on your phone, So now if you want to use that image, Then you have to download it.

Battery Draining rapidly.
- First of all your battery draining depends on your usage only. If you keep on playing games, Keep your screen on or using social media apps then it drains out lot of battery. But, Whenever you sayin g battery is draining then post a thread and provide screenshots of your battery usage stats and battery graph. You can find it Battery stats at: settings---> Battery---> Battery Use (take SS of Apps usage) ---> Tap on top right side to get Graph.

I can not enter into Recovery Mode, I always get Phone picture.

- You can not enter into Recovery Mode, The Recovery which you are using is new its not like old recovery. And do not worry it is stock recovery.

Can not unlock bootloader, I have the permission but I'm getting error.
- If you get the error for first time then wait for 5-7 days then it will get resolved automatically. It takes system to get update.

Switching from Stable ROM to Developer ROM or Vice Versa.

- Always fastboot your device when you switching ROMs, Because both have different framework so flashing recovery rom will overlap some framework and cause force close.

Scrolling screenshots does not work on few apps.

- There are restrictions on scrolling screenhots. I mean it is not the feature which does not work on some apps but app is not giving permission. So for your confirmation if the feature is working or not, try it on default apps or in Settings.

Internet not working Good on my Mi Phone.
- First of all, This is issue is not related to your phone. It has to be with your network. So check your network connectivity, Check your APN settings, Or check this issue in some other area.

Mi Device is not getting connected to Mi PC suite.
- All those who are facing this issue must be having Android M, CUrrently those device which are on Android M are having issues connecting to Mi PC Suite. It will be resolved soon.

We want Android N.
- For your Information only 0.4% smartphone devices are using Android N. Its not released yet for all phones. SO please wait for official announcement related to it on Mi community.

Whats with the Mi Community Points? Or how to Use points earned of Mi Community?
-Well these Points are for you to upgrade your usergroup. It shows your activity on forums, It is also one of the criteria for your selection in any special team.

How to earn Points on Mi community?
- Be active in Mi Community, Keep replying to threads, Help other Mi fans with their queries, Post Threads.

OTG not working on my phone or Pendrive not getting detected.
- Only Fat32 format is supported, So please check the format of your pendrive.

Can I use Dual sim and Memory Card at a same time (on Hybrid sim slots phone)
- First of all you are not adviced to this. There are tricks on internet but do not try it. It will damage your sim slots. But even though you are trying it then its all your own risk. Also if any damage happens then its all because of your risk so it will not be covered in warranty.

Related Articles:

Before asking any question or posting any thread, Please search the forum first :)

Rate

Number of participants 12 Experience +125 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-12-26 01:46:40
Favorites45 RateRate
Amazing information, thank you for summarizing!
2016-12-26 01:47:34
About Fabian Ng
Hi!  I am the Tech admin in the Mi Community team & I love running, traveling and snowboarding. Follow me to be the first to discover the freshest technology news and updates.

Admin

R0user | from mobile

Edited by Achi.darlapudi at 2016-12-27 05:10 AM

Thank you for putting them under one roof, was required!
2016-12-26 01:50:49

Semi Pro Bunny

SUBASH G S | from Redmi 3S

amazing information
2016-12-26 01:53:48

News Reporter

anujsingh06 | from app

helpful... thanx
2016-12-26 01:54:50
Always Believe That SoMething Wonderful is About To Happen

ANUJ SINGH

Master Bunny

Irshad akram | from Redmi Note 3

helpful questions
2016-12-26 02:10:16

Master Bunny

1610150946 | from Redmi Note 3

that's very useful information
2016-12-26 02:12:44

Pro Bunny

Santosh Panigrahy | from Redmi 3S

tx for the information
2016-12-26 02:22:23

MIUI Beta Tester

MalIk ShoaIb | from Redmi Note 3

great info...
although I myself tried the dual SIM And SD card trick... but it didn't worked that well as shown on the internet !!! so don't do this
2016-12-26 02:22:46

Semi Pro Bunny

Debidutta parida | from Redmi Note 3

Cool........
2016-12-26 02:24:54

Advanced Bunny

1617581657 | from MI 5s Plus

when will Mi 5s plus get noughat update
2016-12-26 02:40:33