In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi TV

[Discussion] MiTV 4 size 55" Issues/concerns

2018-04-20 12:59:11
5068 26
Hi friends,

I am new to Mi community. I have got 55" TV after trying for 1.5 month.
The piece I have has following issues:
1. While the screen is blank either black or blues - there is proper white light that you can see at the edges as well as patches in center. Is it normal? Just ignore the center white big lines it's coz of camera but look at right all from top to bottom it's white.
Black screen is even bad. I will post pic shortly.
2. Anybody knows if Mi has plans to have YouTube 4k, Amazon Prime and Netflix 4k on this TV?
3. TV doesn't support mkv files which is the prime source where you find 4k movies. Any way to support it?

Practically if it doesn't support 4k YouTube, Netflix and Mkv files then what is there to watch in 4k? It's just like making fool of customer by saying 4k.
I read in some forms that vp9 codec used by YouTube for 4k Is not supported by this TV due to hardware limitations.
So, what can I watch in 4k and how is it smart.
Experts Please guide.
2018-04-20 12:59:11
Favorites RateRate
Yes, Youtube, Amazon Prime and Netflix is not supported in 4k. It`s better to get Android Mi Box International version to able to watch all the 4k content.
2018-04-20 14:30:09

Pro Bunny

toth | from Redmi 3S

The tv will get updates soon but you are eager to watch the mentioned platform then i recommend you to get a amazon fire stick.
2018-04-20 14:37:39

Advanced Bunny

vy_vishal Author | from app

Thanks bzxphd..Then what is there to watch in 4k in this TV?

Also, if we have to buy Mi box then it's not a smart TV rather a dumb box.

please also Suggest about white lights at the edges..It is normal?
2018-04-21 01:23:07

Advanced Bunny

toth
The tv will get updates soon but you are eager to watch the mentioned platform then i recommend you  ...

Thanks toth.

Also I heard it's hardware limitation for Mitv to support YouTube 4k vp9 codes. Please guide on this as well
2018-04-21 01:24:40

Pro Bunny

toth | from Redmi 3S

vy_vishal
Thanks toth.

I don't think the white light at the edges are normal. It might be color bleeding as it is common issue of LED tv. If you are having problems in watching tv then i would recommend you to get it replaced.
But remember it is a common issue of LED tv, if you purchase OLED then there will be no color bleeding. Color bleeding may increase with time. Hope it helps.
2018-04-21 03:40:56

Pro Bunny

toth | from Redmi 3S

vy_vishal
Thanks toth.

As of now YouTube app on Mi tv doesn't support 4k.
This will be fixed in upcoming updates. As of now if you want to watch 4k then visit 4kmedia.org or rarbg.is and download 4k content and use pendrive.
*** Note:- I don't recommend pirated content or i am not promoting any kind of pirated content.***
2018-04-21 03:44:39

Pro Bunny

toth | from Redmi 3S

vy_vishal
Thanks toth.

I am not sure if it is color bleeding or not. Its not possible to say just by looking at photo. I recommend you to do some research on internet before doing anything.
2018-04-21 04:04:16
hi,
even i am having the colour bleeding  with my tv, and over usage of the tv for 25 days, it has increased. the bezel around the logo is quite heated up while watching tv.. Asked a service engineer to come and visit as definitely it is not normal.
It does look whitish while watching greyed area, darker shades and doesnt look good at all. Attavhing the picture of my tv
2018-04-21 04:27:24

Pro Bunny

toth | from Redmi 3S

Sandeep Dhar
hi,
even i am having the colour bleeding  with my tv, and over usage of the tv for 25 days, it has i ...

Its not normal but its is a common issue of LED tv.
2018-04-21 04:59:34

Advanced Bunny

Day 2 - Found new issues...
1. While playing audio from Bluetooth speaker system, there is significant delay.
2. Every 10 to 15 mins the audio over Bluetooth distorts for 5 seconds and then normalises.
2018-04-21 09:43:14