Hi Mi Fans,
Convenience and usefulness are the hallmark qualities of Mi Remote app. With its user friendly interface and easy to use controls, Mi Remote app became an ultimate user favourite. But unlike previous times, our devices are no more ordinary, they're Smart! Ordinary TVs are being replaced with Smart TVs, so our remotes should also have Smart features in it. Introducing the new redesigned Mi Remote app, which is now comes with a Live TV tab and an Interactive Programme Guide. In the Live TV tab, you'll be able to configure your Set top box, switch between different Channels and Programmes, set reminders, etc with ease. This service has been provided by Sensy, the same team who's providing several TV services in the Mi TV 4/4A range. In brief, our Mi Remote is pretty Smart now! Come, let's explore more.
• Steps to setup your Cable/DTH Set top box
1. Open Live TV Tab and select the first option, Select your STB. Now find your Cable/DTH Provider from list and click to select.
2. Point your phone to the Set top box and test the given buttons to find the right remote. When you're done, click on Yes, otherwise skip and test the next buttons.
3. Rename the Set top box (Optional) and click on Paired. Now the box has been added to Mi Remote!
4. After that go back to Live TV and select the first option again to choose your region.
5. Select your City/Town and local Cable/DTH operator (if available).
6. All set. You've successfully setup your Set top box in Mi Remote!
• Switch to any Channel with just One-click
Switching between channels has never been so easy! With the new Mi Remote, no need to enter any channel numbers like the old school way. Just click on the Programme/Channel name given in 'Live TV' tab and it will automatically open in TV.
• More about the Interactive Programme Guide
When you tap on the name of any programme, it'll show some related information like Synopsis, Genre, People, Videos, Facebook Pages, etc. which might be useful for you to understand more about the programme. You can mark the programme as Favourite or share it to other apps as well.
You can find the list of channels in Channels tab. Every channel has been neatly categorized and there is an option to filter them to SD only, HD only and both for your convenience.
You can also view the channels by Language and/or Genre. There are 17 regional and international languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, French, etc. and 13 genres including Entertainment, News, Movies, Music, Sports, Kids, Religious, etc. are present in the new Mi Remote app.
Click on the Channel name/logo to view each day's Schedule of programmes. This will help us to understand the programmes that are scheduled to be aired on our favourite channels.
Mi Remote app is not just a regular Remote app now, the Smart features turned it as a Perfect Companion of our TV sets and it offers much more now to make our life intelligent!
How do you think about the new Mi Remote app and its features?
Let us know in the comments below!
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .